Chapter Forty-One

Naruto understood as best he could, Shingami had never been so brazen with her opinions of people. So he knew something about Sasuke really seemed to tick her off.

Shingami stayed quiet for a few moments just to calm her mind before abruptly putting on her mask and standing walking over to the window again.

“Before you leave, Shingami.”

The girl turned around to look at the Sannin that stopped her, He pulled out a copy of his book and held it out to her.

“I can’t take this.”

“Sure you can! Come on, you clearly don’t have a copy for yourself.”

She hesitantly took it in her hands and put it in her pocket on the inside of her coat. “Thank you, Master Jiraiya.” With that, the girl jumped into the window and looked back one last time. 

“I have to get back, The case I’m working on requires my feminine touch that neither Genma nor Anko seem competent enough to do.”

Kakashi looked at her blankly. “By feminine touch do you really mean an excessive amount of force?”

“Bingo. Genma’s a sissy and Anko tends to break jaws before they start talking.”

She turned back to the window. “Welp, I’ll see you when I see you. I got work to do.”

With that, the girl jumped out the third story window landing on her feet lightly.

Even with her hair in disarray she ignored it and walked off back to the T&I building.

______________

Genma was sitting in the smaller chair that was meant for Shingami because she used to bitch about not being able to touch the floor with her feet.

Genma however had to keep his legs apart since his knees were practically looming in his face. Now he finally understood why the girl had made a fuss over having the right sized chair, it was so fucking annoying.

The actual seat was comfortable but his legs were starting to cramp up, the guy that he was working with was being a big baby over his one broken finger and it was starting to give Genma a headache. 

Genma tended to watch and write down information while the two girls took care of the torturing because they enjoyed it more were as he just saw it as a job that needed to be done.

Even Ibiki liked it more than he did but he had to admit the power he had over the prisoners wasn’t bad at all.

“I’ll tell you anything you want! I swear! Just keep that demon child away from me!” The man screeched.

Genma just rubbed his temples and waited for the man to start talking.

He wrote down everything and not a moment after the man had finished giving them the information they needed Shingami opened the do and walked right inside. 

The man started screaming again and Shingami just looked at him before turning her eyes to meet Genma’s seeing that he was sitting in her chair.

“...I’m guessing that you got what we needed.”

“Yeah. We just need to give ibiki my report and we should be all set.”

The girl sighed but didn’t say anything else as the man was escorted out of the room by an anbu, following Genma down the dark and gloomy hallways.

He looked at her from the corner of his eye moving the senbon to the other side of his mouth before speaking. “How are they?”

Shingami shook her head. “They’ll be fine, but I think Shikamaru’s confidence in leading a team took a blow. I’ll have to check on him later, maybe after Choji gets discharged from the hospital.”

Genma nodded just as they reached the office door, upon opening the door Ibiki just huffed since they didn’t even try to knock on the door before they opened it.

Genma wordlessly placed the file on the desk and went to the couch and sat down shingami just sat on the corner of the desk ignoring the scowl that Ibiki had gave her.

She crossed her arms and found a spot on the wall that her eyes didn’t stray from.

“I wanna kill something.”

Ibiki raised an eyebrow glancing over at Genma who just shrugged.

The scarred man just sighed and put a scroll in her hands watching her as she read it, not that he was expecting a reaction, because he didn’t get one anyway.

The girl looked up after a minute. 

“Are there any more?”

Ibiki rubbed his eyes and gave her not one not two but three more mission scrolls, the girl took her time to read through them then stood up and walked out the door.

 Ibiki nodded to Genma to go with her, Anko was still in the interrogation room so she wasn’t an option not that the man trusted her with Shingami, at least Genma took care of her a little better and didn’t intentionally try to set off bombs in her face just for the hell of it.

_____________

Not even six hours later, Shingami and Genma were back.

Unscathed save for the usual splash of blood and dirt here and there.

“Can I have another?”

This time Anko was on the couch when they came back inside.

“No.”

Anko looked a little confused. “Another what?”

Shingami and Ibiki ignored her and stared blankly at each other.

Genma put his hands up and sat down on the couch to avoid whatever the hell was going on in front of him.

No words were spoken for a full minute and a half.

Anko was still confused but caught onto what Genma was doing, sometimes all you need to do is wait.

Shingami was the best at that, sometimes it was very disturbing. 

Like that one time they sat on the ground for two straight hours until an enemy shinobi bled to death in a tree since he set up at least a half a dozen traps if they had tried to climb up.

It took a while but they succeeded. 

There were other times but that one always seemed to stand out the most.

It took another three minutes before Ibiki gave in and gave her another scroll sending Anko with the two this time.

“Be back before midnight.”

“Okay.” 

Anko and Genma covered their smiles to avoided getting glared at by Ibiki and walked out of the room following Shingami closely behind.