Chapter Forty-Two

The next few weeks went by in a flash.

Naruto left the village with master Jiraiya to train, showing that he was dead set on getting Sasuke back.

Choji and the others were released from the hospital.

Sakura and Ino were training to be medical ninjas under Lady Tsunade’s guidance.

Shikamaru had his Chunin duties that he wished he could ditch at every waking moment.

Shingami had been working her ass off trying to find out anything she could about Orochimaru, Sasuke or at the very least Kabuto.

Kabuto had killed Hayate and she still needed to get even with the guy for Genma’s sake even though he wasn’t moping around like he was while Shingami was looking for them during the exams.

Genma had been working a lot with Anko doing all the not critical missions that Ibiki gave them since the man wanted to make sure everything went smoothly with important interrogations, with Shingami helping him.

The girl was trying to do so many different things all at once, making it near impossible for her to catch a break. The only time she did was the six hour period that she got every night to sleep. Sometimes she’d stay up a few extra hours to finish some work so she wouldn’t have to do it later. 

Everyone else was too busy to scowled her, except Ibiki who would drag her out of interrogation rooms, or take papers from her if she wasn’t gone by three a.m., but even that was a bit of a stretch. If she was still there when he was leaving he’ll take her with him.

One.”

“Don’t you start counting, Shingami.”

Two.”

“If you think you can just-”

Three. When I get to five, you better be out of my sight. Four.”

Anko sprinted as fast as she could to the door, but she was a second too late, and you could see it in her eyes that she knew she fucked up.

Big time.

Five.”

Shingami abruptly stood up from her chair and ran after the woman. 

______________

The chase didn’t last too long, and Shingami had caught Anko in a matter of minutes.

The woman was tied to a chair with a gag in her mouth, while Shingami was writing on some papers.

It all could have been avoided if Anko had just listened to Ibiki when he said Shingami wasn’t in a good mood.

But, no. 

Anko just had to go and piss her off. 

The girl was happy with just sitting in the office with Ibiki, not talking, just doing their paperwork, no distractions.

Normally the girl would have just ignored her, that is, if the woman hadn’t spilled water all over the stack of papers that she’d spent the last five hours working on so she could go out for dinner with her team that night.

All the words were just patches of blue that were unreadable.

Ibiki was also pissed at her, all of Shingami’s work for that day had been ruined, and he knew how much the girl wanted to relax even if it was just for a few hours. The girl lifted up her pen after grabbing a new stack of white paper. 

“Guess, I’m not going.” the girl muttered under her breath.

Ibiki would have had Anko rewrite everything, but Anko had no knowledge regarding the interrogations from that morning that Shingami was filing.

It was just the two of them interrogating.

Ibiki sighed and set down his own pen, reaching over taking Shingami’s from her hand.

“Go.”

“But I-”

“I said go, I’ll redo them. You don’t need to worry about this.”

“I can’t let you do it all.”

“Shingami, what did I say.”

“Go.”

“And what are you not doing?”

“Going.”

“Shoo.” 

The girl stared at him for a few seconds before standing up.

“Fine. Thanks, Dad.”

Anko’s eyes widened, and if she hadn't been gagged she would’ve started laughing and call Ibiki an old man.

But the two didn’t pay her any mind and Shingami left the room closing the door behind her.

Only after the door was closed and she had walked away did she realize her mistake.

Ibiki’s attention was then on Anko.

“If you think this is your punishment, you're wrong. There’ll be more to come, but for now you're staying just like that until I finish everything here.”

A few minutes later Genma came in and found himself staring at Anko for a moment before sitting on the couch seeing the pile of wet papers in the bin next to the desk.

He averted his gaze away and took the pen that was sitting on the edge of the desk and a sheet of paper.

He honestly didn’t want to know if this was some kind of kinky shit, or just plain weird, but he was almost certain by the type of knots in the rope that were holding Anko, that Shingami had done it.

Using his skills he figured out what had happened and chose not to comment on it or even attempt to help Anko.

Because honestly. It was great to not hear her voice while he was trying to work.

Suddenly Genma stopped writing and he slowly looked up at Anko as he thought for a second.

“Hey, Ibiki?”

The man looked up at him blankly with a hint of irritation in his voice. 

“What?”

“Did Anko ever finish her interrogation in cell three?”

The air in the room seemed to still and Ibiki turned to looked at Anko who was shaking her head.

Ibiki and Genma stood up and bolted down to the basement to the cell, opening the door.

“Shit.”

The cell was empty, you could see how the man had escaped.

Anko had probably beaten him bloody and he used his own blood to slip out of his cuffs. One of the few resons Shingami tended to tie up the prisoners with rope instead of chains.

There was always less a chance of escaping.

Ibiki turned to look at Genma. “Who exactly was she interrogating?”

Genma looked at the table to see if anko had left a file or some form of identification, upon seeing a picture he let out a big sigh. 

“The Kiri guy.”

Ibiki frowned. “Get Anko.”

Genma nodded but stopped when he reached the door frame. “Want me to get Shingami too? She the best at the whole man hunt stuff.”

“No, leave her be. We’ll deal with it ourselves.”