Chapter Thirty-Five

"One thousand thirty-four," Tsunade repeated quietly before leaning forward a little more, setting the scroll on the desk quietly.

"Does that include your parents?"

Shingami's eyes flashed from behind the mask, making both Tonton and Shizune flinch. "It includes my... father," She said the word like it was bitter on her tongue.

"What of your mother?"

"He killed her, it was only fair I killed him."

The girl kept eye contact the entire time she spoke making sure the woman in front of her knew she regretted nothing that she'd done.

"An 'eye for an eye'. Is that how you choose to live?"

Shingami stared at her but betrayed no emotion. "No. I wasn't impulsive as a child."

"You're still a child."

"Yes, I am." She took off her mask and approached the desk setting it down, before walking back to the spot she was standing in before. "When I was born, my mother fell in love with me."

She turned to face the woman. "And my father did the exact opposite. He despised me." Her voice was as calm as she looked. Shizune didn't know how the way Shingami acted made her skin crawl it made her feel like she was looking into the face of death.

"What did he do?"

"What didn't he is the question you should be asking."

The girl walked closer to the desk setting down a small black and white scroll. "But this isn't about him. I want you to sign my contract."

Her eyes narrowed. "Contract? Why do you have a contract?"

The girl opened the small scroll revealing the terms of her staying in the village and lord third's signature next to it. "The council doesn't like me, they never have. Lord third let me stay, he gave me a chance to prove my worth." She traced the edge of the scroll with her fingers, keeping eye contact.

"I hope you will do the same."

__________________________

Anko sat quietly in Ibiki's office trying to figure out what had Genma and Ibiki so bothered.

Ibiki looked completely normal. As in the 'I hate everything' kind of look but if you knew him long enough you would see all his little habits and quirks.

Anko could point out many of them, but Shingami knew all of them, but that was to be expected since they lived in the same house.

As of right now, Ibiki was looking at some papers that were laying on his desk but if you looked close enough he wasn't reading them he was looking at them but his eyes weren't moving over the words. He was thinking long and hard about it.

When Anko stole a look at Genma she saw that he didn't have a senbon in his mouth, instead, he was rolling it in between his index finger and his thumb. It was something he did when he was lost in thought. His nervous tick was similar, but he'd roll it around while it was in his mouth.

Anko looked back and forth at the two until both of them were staring back at her because they felt her eyes on them. She kept her mouth shut and they all kept looking at each other.

And per usual some unfortunate soul had to walk in and all eyes landed on an anbu in a badger mask who looked really uncomfortable.

He didn't say anything and was looking right back at them.

______________

Shikamaru opened the door to his house and looked around a bit for his parents to see if they were home.

He saw a note on the kitchen table from his mom. She'd gone out with Choji's mother.

He shrugged it off and walked to the shogi room seeing the board already out but the pieces were tucked away so they wouldn't get lost.

He wasn't sure when the girl was going to arrive so he sat down in front of the board and started putting the pieces in the right places. His hand stopped after he set down the last king on the side Shingami would sit.

It was the most important piece in a game. Last time they played he remembered how Shingami had put the piece out early on in their game tricking him into going after it but it had costed him a portion of his pieces even though that game had ended in a draw.

After that, though he sighed hoping this time someone actually won instead of them both constantly blocking all moves for the other player.

____________

"Give me one good reason to sign this," Tsunade said with a serious look on her face. "Why should I let you stay?"

Shingami expected something like this, and she'd been trying to avoid doing what she needed to do for as long as she could.

"I don't have much in this world and I don't mind that, but there are people here that I'd rather not leave." Tsunade listened without saying anything but was confused when the girl took off her black trench coat draping it over a chair and afterward he pulled her shirt over her head dropping it onto the floor in front of her.

"I would have never stayed if it wasn't for them. If Hiruzen had turned me away we wouldn't be having this conversation and you'd probably be sending out your best ninja to... kill me. Considering every life I've taken."

Shingami pulled out and a kunai holding in her hands making both the women and the pig tense up. She traced the edges with her fingers not saying a word to the woman.

"But that wasn't my 'good' reason. That was just my sentimentality poking through. I do want to stay." She gripped the kunai tightly. "This however is why you should let me stay."

You could see the horror on their faces as the girl embedded the blade straight into her chest.

Who wouldn't love this sexy man!