Chapter Thirty-Two

Shingami sighed lightly as she sat down on the bed in the inn they were staying in.

Genma dragged himself across the room and dropped onto a couch and within a couple of seconds, he’d fallen asleep.

Anko took the liberty of taking a shower first since she was covered in dirt, blood, and god knows what else.

She had grown tired of blowing up every tree in the forest trying to get Shingami and Genma off guard, so after making several large craters she gave up and they went back to the inn.

Shingami slipped off her shirt, taking her mask with it. Her fingers brushed over the scar tissue on her shoulder feeling the difference from the rest of her healthy skin.

She then slipped on a clean shirt and took her pants off exchanging them for a pair of shorts.

After staring at Genma like a creep for a while she stuck her hand in her kunai pouch pulling out the red and white scroll that Ibiki had given to her.

She’d neglected to open while they were still in the village but she had other priorities at the time.

As she read the scroll a small smile crossed her face and her free hand played with her necklace.

Ibiki had given her the second mission scroll, but it wasn’t even a mission per se. He’d just wanted her to relax and have some fun.

When she finished she put the scroll away and pulled her legs onto the bed after she slipped off her shoes and sat there for a couple of minutes debating on what she wanted to do.

A little later she decided that she was going to continue reading Master Jiraiya’s book, so she’d have to get up and take it from Genma’s bag again because he took it from her while they were walking back to the inn.

She stood silently and walked over to Genma’s sleeping form, stuck her hand quietly into his bag and she grabbed the spine of the book. Once she had the book in her possession she turned back to the bed and when she was about to sit down she paused when she noticed that there were stains on the white bedsheets right where she’d been sitting.

She blinked a couple of times thinking she was imagining it, but she wasn’t.

There was a big blob of red where she’d been sitting.

She looked down at her shorts and saw they too were stained with blood; she patted her backside and grimaced at the feeling of the warm liquid on her hand.

She looked at her hand in confusion knowing full well she wasn’t injured at all that day and she’d changed her clothes before getting onto the bed.

After a minute of looking at her bloody hand, and feeling the blood travel down her thighs she set the book down on the nightstand next to the bed and walked back over to Genma.

She poked him with her clean hand making him groan and turn away from her just for her to poke him again.

“Whaaaat? What do you want?” He whined still half sleeping, his eyes weren’t even open.

“I’m bleeding,” Shingami said calmly.

“So? Just do that freaky healing thing you always do…” 

“I’m not… injured.”

“Then how are you bleeding?” He turned around and opened his tired eyes to see what she was talking about only to be fully awake in a split second, he shot up and backed away from her.

“Ah, Fuck! Anko!” He jumped off the couch and opened the bathroom door just to reveal Anko butt naked as she just got out of the shower.

“Are you that desperate to get in my pants~?” She teased as Genma covered his red face with his hands.

“I-I didn’t know you were naked!”

“You need to take off your clothes when you take a shower genius!”

Anko put her hands on her hips and looked at Shingami. “Aw… Shingami’s a big girl now!”

The said girl deadpanned. She didn’t get Genma’s reaction, and she definitely didn’t get Anko’s. “...”

The naked woman walked across the room, grabbed Shingami’s arm and both of their bags, and dragged her and their things into the bathroom closing the door behind them.

Genma took the liberty of getting rid of the bedsheets and getting new ones while Anko was showing Shingami what to do.

She clapped her hands together. “Alright, first thing’s first! Get naked!”

Shingami stared blankly at the already naked woman, not making any move to do as she said.

“What? You need to take a shower!”

_________________

After taking a shower and the girl listened to Anko who had eventually put on some shorts and a bra talk about what a period was.

Shingami asked the woman some questions about it, she was kind of interested in why it happens, not how.

And surprisingly enough, Anko was more than willing to explain it as it was.

No bullshit, no tricks, and no lies.

Genma had left before the pair came out of the bathroom, he said he was going for a walk to get some food for all of them.

More like he didn't want to hear them talking about girl problems.

Once Shingami was satisfied with the amount of information about her menstrual cycle she grabbed the book that she had set down earlier and Anko pulled her own book out and they both were reading and talking about the book.

Anko didn't give fuck that Shingami read it, hell, if anything she was happy that the girl had a good taste in books and wasn't a little bitch about it.

Anko was into the more… Intriguing parts of the book, while Shingami was genuinely interested in the actual storyline… the other bits were a bonus though…