Chapter Seventeen

All five kage were sitting in their respective places with their guards and/or guests beside them.

All the people there that weren’t part of the meeting were visibly baffled and unnerved by the sight of a single girl in by far the most daunting looking mask that they had ever seen on an anbu. 

The kage and their guards made sure to keep their eyes on her since she was alone in watching the Hokage. They had all seen her before but she had never been in the room for the meetings but she had stood outside last time.

“Now that everyone is here let us commence this summit,” Mifune said, his voice full of authority on the neutral grounds. 

Under the mask, Shingami did not look amused and was silently hoping things got a little more interesting- but she was still serious about not trying to start a war.

“Let us talk of the Chunin exams, where will they be held this year?” The only female kage, the Mizukage, Mei Termui asked.

“It’s the Hokage’s turn to host it, correct Hiruzen?” Rasa said you couldn’t tell what he was thinking and he didn’t seem to want to be there even if he was the Kazekage.

“That’s right,” Hiruzen said.

The room was quiet for a few seconds and Shingami could feel the eyes of the Tsuchikage the only person closest in age to Hiruzen, and the Raikage on her.

Her eyes flashed warningly through the mask but she didn’t lift a finger. Her tento was in the room that they had slept in the night before because she decided to leave it there but even so she could summon it to her hands by drawing a little blood and doing a single hand sign.

Shingami just stood there with her arms behind her back watching the kage. She stood behind him just like the rest of the guards did with their kage.

“I didn’t think you had anbu this age, Hiruzen. Isn’t it against… the will of fire?” The Tsuchikage said mockingly.

Hiruzen just smirked and leaned back slightly in his chair showing that he was not at all bothered by the words. “She is no anbu, Onoki.”

This caught all of their attention even Rasa seemed more interested. “Then why is she here? I doubt this… genin aged girl can protect you.” The Tsuchikage hinted that he didn’t think that she could fight all the Kage at once or any of them for that matter.

“Say what you will, I wouldn’t have brought anybody else. Now, back to business is everyone planning on sending their genin to the exams this year?”

They all said yes but they weren’t interested in the exams, they were interested in Shingami. And they had every right to be since the girl was so sibylline to them.

Rasa knew the girl better than the other three foreign Kage because she and his youngest son were on good terms after they had met at the last summit although this time he didn’t bring him.

The Raikage just stared intently at Shingami still unsure of her even as he spoke. “Any problems within the village that we should know about?”

“None that come to mind,” Hiruzen answered flatly.

After a few more seconds of silence, Hiruzen lifted a hand and motioned Shingami to come to him. She took five steps to reach his side, unlike all the others that would only have to take three steps.

Hiruzen and Shingami noticed how the air around them seemed to tense up when she approached.

“What is with all the interest in my shinobi?” Hiruzen said to nobody in particular.

The Raikage took the chance to speak up. “She’s young and you brought her here.”

 He paused for a second before continuing. “I’m interested in seeing her skill.” The other Kage silently agreed with A.

Shingami didn’t comment since they were talking about her like she wasn’t standing right there.

Hiruzen looked at Shingami before addressing her. “Well? Would you like to have a friendly training session with someone, Shingami?”

“I wouldn’t mind. However, I don’t wish to cause any problems for the summit.” She said loud enough for the others to hear.

Everyone in the room was surprised that Hiruzen had asked her what she had wanted to do but they were even more surprised that the girl wanted to do it in the first place.

_________________

Team ten sat at a table in the restaurant with their food cooking in front of them. Choji was impatient, Ino was kind of tired from training, Shikamaru was resting his head on the table, and Asuma was doing the cooking.

He made them start training for the Chunin exams that were coming up so they would be prepared for it. 

And since Shingami was with his father at the summit he couldn’t ask her to spar with them so he had to do it himself. Though he knew that Shingami would do it as soon as she returned to the village. She would never let down the chance for a good fight.

“Asuma-Sensei?” Shikamaru said out of the blue.

“Hmm?” 

“When is Shingami’s birthday?”

Asuma stopped flipping the meat for a second to think about it. “I’m not sure actually but I know it’s soon. Ibiki would know though.”

“Why would he know? Choji asked. 

“He takes care of her, Choji,” Ino said trying not to fall asleep at the table.

“Why do you ask, Shikamaru?” Asuma said with a suggestive smirk as he handed out the cooked food to his team. 

Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck with a slight blush. “I wanted to get her something...”

Ino suddenly perked up. “That is a great idea! Maybe we can have a little surprise party for her!”

Asuma smiled slightly. “Ino… you’ve known Shingami for a while now, you know she doesn’t like surprises… good or bad.”

Ino looked tired again. “Yeah… I know, but it would be fun.”