Chapter Seven

It would have been ten times easier for Shingami to go on the mission alone but Anko was with her.

She had no problem with her but she really didn’t want to fight her and the five rogues. Anko was known for being unpredictable but Shingami had gotten so used to her that even the most unpredictable of things didn’t faze her by this point.

“They should be just up ahead,” Shingami whispered to her only female mentor.

Then let's go give them a scare.” The masked girl didn’t even blink at the woman’s now dark demeanor. 

Anko trusted a handful of paper bombs into Shingami’s hand as she pulled out some of her own.

“This is the newest addition to your training,” Anko said with an evil smile gracing her face.

Paper bombs?”

“Paper bombs.”

The masked girl frowned at the red and white papers in her hands and looked back up only to see that Anko was gone and there was an explosion in the distance.

Shingami sighed and set off three of the paper bombs the moment she threw a rigid kunai at her targets. 

Blood and rubble were strewn all over the place. Anko was engaged in combat using her snake arms and a kunai. Then one of the three remaining rogues focused their attention on Shingami. 

“Rah!” He had a large sword held over his head and brought it down towards her head. She evaded the attack and set off the two remaining paper bombs she had right in front of both of their faces. She took out the rogue and her left arm was void of where it should have been but it was just to please Anko so she’d leave her alone latter.

This caught the other two rogues’ attention and turned their attention from Anko to Shingami. Shingami reached for her tento before Anko set off one of her traps designed to catch Shingami it was a wire trap that held her in place but she hadn’t noticed the trap because it was rigged to her sword hilt. The two rogues’ took the distraction for their advantage and both impaled her, one went straight through her heart and left lung and the other shredded through her stomach.

Shingami’s body went limp and they targeted Anko. However, in the two seconds they looked away Shingami escaped the trap and decapitated them both. Then her glare was directed at Anko.

What the fuck was that?”

“Training!”

Shingami kept up her glare for a few more seconds before dropping it and letting her wounds heal and her arm regenerate starting with the bone, then the muscle and skin tissues. 

Creepy.”

The masked girl looked up to see Anko watching as the muscles crawled there was across the bare white bone to their rightful place. 

“Look who’s talking, snakes for arms.”

Anko just shrugged and looked at all the damage they had caused. Then to the area where Shingami had made her first appearance. She nodded in approval with a low whistle.

“I think you deserve a little reward for taking your training so seriously, what do you want when we get back?”

“Dango and sweetened green tea,” Shingami said without letting another moment pass.

“Done.”

_______________________________

What the fuck happened to you?”