Chapter Nineteen

The summit was finished and that meant that Shingami and the third Hokage could go home to the leaf village. It was going to take approximately three to four days to get back but they didn’t really mind.

They had been walking for three and a half days every so often talking but not very much due to Shingami’s reserved nature.

“So, how is training like with your team?” Hiruzen asked quietly.

“It’s a bit too easy for my liking but before I left they had improved substantially,” she answered.

“Hmm.” 

They could see the village gates just a little further in front of them and in their usual spots, Izumo and Kotetsu. Kotetsu looked like he was bored out of his mind as Izumo talked his ear off.

“Well, We’re here what do you plan to do?” Hiruzen asked the masked girl.

“Gonna pop by and say hello to Ibiki and Genma, possibly Anko if she’s there. Then I’m going to find my team.” She said.

The Hokage just nodded as the gatekeepers bowed to Hiruzen. “Welcome back, Lord Third.” They said together.

“It’s good to be back.” He turned to Shingami. “You are dismissed your pay will be sent to you by tomorrow. No missions will be assigned as mandatory for the next week.”

The girl bowed her head respectfully as she watched him leave. Then she looked at Izumo and Kotetsu with a blank look on her face. “Has Anko tried to kill anybody yet?”

Kotetsu cracked a smile as he spoke. “No. But I’d bet if you were gone for another few days she would do more than just beat the crap out of the prisoners.” 

Shingami nodded and took off her mask, making Izumo and Kotetsu wince. Her eyes were black and puffy, and she looked worse than she had in a while.

“Were there any complications at the summit?” Izumo asked.

Shingami rubbed her tired eyes. “No. Nothing over the top, just a spar with one of swordsman of the mist.”

Both of their eyes seemed to pop out of their heads. “‘Nothing over the top just a spar with one of swordsman of the mist’? Pardon my french but what the fuck, Shingami?” Izumo said as Kotestu rubbed the bandage that went across his face.

All the girl did was shrug not going to waste her breath on trying to explain herself. “On the bright side, I didn’t start a war.”

The pair just shook their heads. “Well, when you tell Genma and Anko tell us their reactions,” Kotetsu replied.

“Will do.” She responded putting the mask back on her face entering the village for the first time in about two weeks.

_________________

Ibiki sat at his desk listening to Anko’s explanation of why she nearly beat one of the prisoners to death, however she was just annoying the hell out of the man. Genma was screwing around with a senbon trying to act like he was interested in what the woman was saying, but he really wasn’t.

Then there was a light familiar knock on the door. Genma shot up from the couch and raced to open it. And sure enough, it was Shingami standing on the other side of the door frame still brandishing that godforsaken mask. 

He tried to play off what he just did even though he was ecstatic about seeing his partner in crime after so long. “Hey, stranger.” He said raising his hand in greeting.

“Missed me much?” She said in a mocking tone knowing what he was trying to do. 

He coughed and back away from the door going back to his original spot on the old worn down couch. Anko was laughing at Genma and Ibiki looked glad that the girl had stopped Anko’s endless ‘explanation’.