Chapter Forty-five

Shingami had her mask over her face while she walked beside a very giggly Ino on her right and a very blushy Shikamaru.

Choji was unobtrusively munching on his potato chips and Asuma was lost in his thoughts. 

They reached the training grounds in no time but no one was quick to do anything. Shingami was the first to pull out her sword, she traced the blade gently careful to not cut herself. 

She held it out to Shikamaru by the blade so he could grab the hilt. 

He just looked at it then looked up at her.

“Take it.”

He shook his head. “I gave it to you.”

She walked towards him after she flipped the blade around so the point was directed at him. He kind of backed up.

“One day you’ll have to take up a blade.” She held it to the side of his neck. “And I hope you’ll be able to when that time comes.”

He stared into her “If.”

“What?”

He moved the blade aside with the back of his hand and rubbed the back of his head. “If that time comes.”

Underneath the mask, she smirked and put the blade back in its sheath. And she just shrugged. “You’re right. If.” 

She kept her back to them as she noticed something didn’t feel right. Not like a genjutsu, because those were easy to place.

Even though she didn’t know what was giving her such a feeling she chose to ignore it. It wasn’t important as far as she was concerned. And if it did come to rear its ugly head she would be ready for it.

She jumped out of the way just in time as Shikamaru’s shadow bind nearly got to her. 

“You’re getting better at the surprise attack thing. Good on you.”

That’s not it… then… what is?’

“Damn. I was sure I had you there.” Shikamaru groaned. 

Asuma stayed quiet as he observed Shingami’s body language he nudged ino who looked up at him.

“I wanna test you on what your father taught you.”

“Okay? What do you want me to do?”

He gestured at Shingami casually.

“What do you notice?”

Ino’s eyes followed the silver-haired girl’s movements. 

“She’s agitated.”

She was being unusually brutal towards Shikamaru who was having a hard time keeping up.

She was always brutal but this was a little more intense.

“She is trying to sort out something.”

“She’s thinking?” Choji butted in out of nowhere. 

“Yeah, Some people are able to keep a clear head when they fight.”

 “Like Kakashi-Sensei.”

Asuma had a look of betrayal on his face, making the two laugh. “You two are awful.”

Shikamaru jumped into the trees to take a breather even though he didn’t notice Shingami was already on the branch above him watching him intently to see if he noticed her. He was looking for her on the ground so clearly, he didn’t know she was above his head.

Ino frowned crossing her arms when she saw the girl look over her shoulder every few seconds. “It’s like she’s waiting for something bad to happen.”

____________________

A little girl stared in horror as a man walked out of the woods covered in blood.

It was like one of those monster stories her father would tell her so she’d stay where he could see her.

But this was a real monster.

The little girl backed up and unintentionally got the man’s attention because she had moved.

He stiffened at the sight of the cowering child, eyes widened.

For a split second, it was like he was looking at his own sister, but this little girl was not her. No matter how much he wished her to be

He put a finger up to his lips to silence her before walking away back into the trees, while the little girl ran in the opposite direction back home.

The man stared at his feet onto stopping when he saw the bright white rose bush his sister had taken such a liking to as a child. It was her favorite thing in the whole forest.

He accidentally nicked his finger on a thorn causing a drop of blood to stain one of the roses petals red. He closed his eyes pulling his hand away from the flower. 

“Shingami...“ 

______________

Shingami sneezed, finally giving Shikamaru her position.

He threw a kunai up at her but she was quick to regain her composure and grab it mid-air throwing it right back in his direction.

Causing him almost to fall backward but he caught himself, but shingami had other plans and hung on the branch above planting both her feet into the Nara’s chest sending him out of the tree onto the ground knocking the air out of him when his back hit the ground.

Shingami gave him a minute to get up because she wasn’t trying to kill him or anything. If it was ino or choji she’d give them a chance to defend themselves as well, but if it was Asuma she wouldn’t be as kind.

He forced himself back onto his feet but knew he couldn’twin so he sighed and dropped the kunai he had ready on the ground hand put his hands up in defeat Shingami was standing about four feet away so she frowned in disappointment that the fight was already over.

Something clicked in her mind and she shot out at Shikamaru tackling him onto the dirt as a kunai whizzed over their heads.

Shikamaru’s face was all red seeing as Shingami was straddling him, but she wasn’t looking at him she was looking over her shoulder at the prisioner that Anko was working with earlier.

“Son of a-” Before the girl could finish her sentence, the man started running away she stood up quickly and ran after him while yelling over her shoulder at a stunned Shikamaru and team. 

“Stay here!”

She sped up grabbing the man’s shirt yanking him backward putting her blade to his throat while glaring into his eyes. “You should have kept running.”

“But no. You just had to try and kill my friend, didn’t you.?” She pressed the blade into his throat drawing blood, and if he moved she would slit his throat. “I’m not like Anko, I’ll give you a fate worse than death.

Okay a little something different this time around, you can ask me anything you want and I'll answer your questions.

And if anyone wants me to draw more pictures of Shingami and Shikamaru just tell me.

And another different thing, if anyone wants to collaborate on a story, or needs some editing help, or needs some writing advice or tips you can message me.