Chapter Twenty-Three

The week of waiting went by faster than anyone would have thought. Shingami wasn’t allowed to communicate with her team during the exams so on their last day of training together she wished them luck.

That last day of training was really laid back for the team so they could conserve as much chakra as they could. 

And so that Asuma and her didn’t have to listen to all their complaining about sore muscles and aching bones.

If it was up to Shingami she would have made them spar against her but let them off easy with some easy hand sign training so that if they did use Jitsu they would remember what the right sequences were.

She was working with Shikamaru and Choji a little extra to teach him the hand signs for a low leveled earth style barrier just in case they’d need it, even though Shingami couldn’t really use it to its full potential because it wasn’t her chakra style.

She pulled Ino aside for a little longer to show her a water style barrier that was considered chunin rank, Something Ino and her had in common was their water styles even though Shingami was better at it.

Now she was sitting on the desk in the front of the room staring down at any of the genin that dared to look at her. She was the only one in the room to keep order the others were going through the plan with ibiki one last time.

Ibiki wanted her to go home and rest but she was stubborn and instead asked the Hokage to let her be a protractor for all three parts of the exam just to be a jack-ass.

When Naruto and his team made it in they were completely confused as to what was going on. The genin from their graduating class all walked over to them and were making a ruckus. 

Mostly Naruto and his natural loudmouth. Ino decided that she was going to hang off that poor Uchiha boy, not hiding the fact that she was trying to make Sakura jealous and that she had a massive crush on him.

The rookie nine… has a nice ring to it.’

Then a boy with grayish hair walked up to them. Kabuto. If memory served her right this would be his seventh time taking the exams. He pulled out a large stack of orange cards from his pockets as he was talking with them.

She kind of zoned away from them to glare at Kankuro who had started to stare at her until Naruto started shouting as loud as he could. 

“My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I’m going to beat every one of ya!”

Shingami had an amused smile beneath her mask knowing how everyone was now going to target the Konoha genin throughout the remainder of the exam.

That little outburst prompted Ino to yell at sakura. “Hey! What’s that idiot tryna do?! Get us killed?! Tell your boyfriend to keep his big fat trap shut!”

Which caused Sakura to shout and butt heads with her in turn.

 “Who’s boyfriend?!”

“Oh, I forgot! You can’t get one!”

“What’d you say!?” 

Naruto put his arms behind his head and still in a loud voice said. “Ya! I feel a lot better now!” 

There was a lot of whispering amongst the other genin but nothing that was particularly interesting to Shingami.

The others from the rookie nine weren’t at all pleased with Naruto’s little warm-up rant and they were all looking at him. 

The Izunaka boy, Kiba was trying to hide his smirk. His dog was hiding inside the boy’s coat, looking really comfortable. “Could you say that a little louder? Didn’t quite catch it.”

Then Shikamaru’s voice caught her utmost attention even though he was talking to Naruto she was still interested in hearing what he had to say about everything that was going on. “You moron. Are you trying to get everybody in this place to hate our guts or what?”

Shingami kind of stopped listening to their banter making sure none of the other genin were going to do something they might regret but she did watch Sakura put Naruto in a chokehold and apologize to the other genin all while scolding the poor blonde.

That was when three of the sound genin stood up and stormed faster than a genin should be able to towards the Konoha genin, attacking Kabuto but he got out of the way in time so it seemed. 

You could barely hear it but the sound of glass shattering and falling on the floor could be heard as Kabuto’s glasses broke into little pieces and he fell to his knees sick.

Shingami stood on top of the desk, her voice dark and stern a part of her that not many people had seen before. “I suggest not trying that again or there will be consequences for your actions.

 Her eyes gleamed through the mask making sure they knew not to mess with her. 

A moment after Ibiki and the rest of the proctors appeared in a puff of smoke right in front of her.

“Alright, you baby faced degenerates! Pipe down and listen up! It’s time to begin.”