Chapter Eight

I hate you…

Anko was now completely broke. She knew she deserved it but still, she was pissed.

Shingami, Shikamaru, Genma, and Asuma sat on one side of the booth while Anko, Ino, and Choji sat across from them. 

Genma was making a tower of bamboo sticks with every stick of dango that was finished there was well over twenty sticks and more were being finished every minute. 

“Aw, I love you too.”

Shingami took another stick and dipped it in the bowl of sweet sauce next to the tray sticking then consuming the stick before taking a sip of her green tea feeling completely calm. 

“So what kind of work do you do in the T&I?” Ino asked after she took a bite of her dango.

Shingami finished her cup of tea before she answered. “I do mostly tortures and a few interrogations here and there.”

“Is it fun?”

Genma choked on his spit and tried to conceal his laugh but failed miserably.

“What?” Ino was confused because she didn’t understand why Genma was laughing while Shingami glared at her partner. 

“I suppose it’s… interesting, but no, not fun.”

Ino nodded understanding what Shingami was getting at before Genma and Anko decided to put their two-cents into the conversation. 

Genma coughed but said nothing while Anko coughed as a cover-up and said “Bull-shit.” Then coughed again but the Genin ignored her.

Asuma took a sip of his cooled down tea and nudged Shikamaru gesturing to Shingami’s empty cup. He instantly caught on to what his Sensei wanted him to do.

The silent conversation went unnoticed by everyone at the booth. Shikamaru lifted up the still steaming hot teapot and poured it into Shingami’s cup.

“Thanks.” She smiled at him making his cheeks go pink.

 “W-Welcome.”

He hid his face in his arms and this did not go unnoticed by Shingami.

“Are you alright, Shikamaru?”

“Y-yeah, why?” He tried his best to play off his studder.

“Your face is all red, are you feeling alright?”

Ino and Anko were quietly laughing while Genma and Asuma cracked a smile and Choji watched his best friend as he made a fool of himself.

“Do you have a fever?”

She put the back of her hand against his forehead. “You do feel warm…”

His face got darker, and Shingami was completely oblivious since she had no idea what was going on, Genma bit his knuckle trying not to make a sound.

“Shingami -Pfft- He’s fine, it’s just a little warm in here.”

She nodded and Shikamaru passed her a small bowl of sugar that she had been using without looking her in the eye. She thanked him again and put a little bit of sugar in her cup mixing it, then she took a sip of the still scaling tea while stealing a glance at Shikamaru who did the same in the exact same moment. This time her cheeks had a light dust of pink that was would have been completely unnoticeable if you weren’t watching her carefully. 

That was when Ino and Anko were whispering amongst themselves they both started smiling and then Anko asked as she leaned forward resting her chin on her hand. “So… when’s the wedding?”