𝗣𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗢𝗩: 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲𝗱

"Ivy come on frl" Azariah said, pullin my arm away from the boy that was tryna talk to her. He kept puttin his arm around her and I wanted to punch his lights out.

"But he was— Ik what he was doin but ion care, ion even like boys" She said and I frowned my face up. She gave me another look and I smacked my lips going over to the reading area and finding a book.

"Read to meeeee" I said, cheesing and she nodded sittin in a bean bag and I scooted over and sat next to her. We were about to leave just waiting for the car riders to be dismissed since the bus riders just left a few minutes ago.

Riah was always a better reader than me, so she always read to me whenever I felt like reading.

"Really Geronimo Stilton again?" She asked and I mugged her "Yes again" I frowned crossin my arms over and she sighed and started reading the book.

(I loved Geronimo, and still do😩)

"Oh excuse me my name is Geronimo, Geronimo Stilton and I am the— Excuse the interruption, We would like to dismiss all car riders now" The intercom cut Riah off and I huffed and stood up.

"Can you carry this for me?" I smiled and gave Riah my bag and grabbed her hand. We rushed out and got to the front doors quickly since Azariah did most of the pushing people and trippin them.

"Where yo father?" She asked and I looked and spotted my dads car to the far left "There he is come on!" I yelled and we ran over there and the car doors were already unlocked.

"Hi daddy!!" I cheered and got in the car Azariah behind me as she sat down next to me "Hey baby" He smiled at me turning around "And you must be Azariah?" He asked and she nodded her head her face frowned up and I nudged her.

"Fix yo face" I whispered and she smacked her lips but smiled anyways.

You could tell Azariah didn't like doin girly things, she dressed tomboyish and it fit her, she was cute.

"Alright we can either get ice cream or get some snacks from the eazy" He told us pullin off and I nudged Riah again "You pick" I whispered and she huffed.

I was indecisive, if it was my way we would've went to both of the places.

"The eazy sir" She said using manners and I snorted "suck up" I mumbled lookin out the window.
___________

"We gone go upstairs!!" I cheered after Azariah met my mommy, uncle Josiah, and Thryi.

"Alright don't run! And do not be loud as hell" My mama said and I nodded my head grabbing Azariah's hand and going up the stairs.

"This is my room" I smiled at the pink covered room and turned to Riah who had a usual mug on her face "You don't like it?" I frowned and her face straightened up into a smile.

"No, I like it bug. I do. It's just bright, I'm not used to bright colors" She assured me and I smiled and nodded my head "Well get used to it!" I said throwing my book bag on the floor before taking my shoes off.

Riah walked around and looked at the family photos her frown getting deeper as she looked at them.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" She said quickly and I mugged her "If something wrong tell me" I persisted and she sighed "My mom and dad don't get along, as of right now" She said on my bed laying her head down in my lap.

I ran my fingers through her curly hair almost braiding it but I stopped myself continuing to listen to her ranting.

"There always fighting! They never sit down and talk about things and when my mom comes home from work she always is in a bad mood" She mugged "She's always yelling at me like I did something to her and I did nothing." She finished and I frowned looking at her forehead.

"I'm sorry that happening to you" I sighed. What could I really do? I'm 7.

"How about this, whenever you feel like you need a break come to my house and sleepover!" I suggested and she squinted her eyes before breaking out into a smile "okay" she hugged me and I gave one back.

I knew there was a reason she was so mean.

The rest of the day we spent talking and watching The little mermaid, even though I really wanted to watch it and not Azariah. But she let me.

Soon enough it was time for dinner so we skipped downstairs.

Thryi and Josiah eyed us and then started talking about whatever big kids talk about. Azariah pulled out my chair and I hopped in it and then she sat in her chair.

She always did that, it didn't matter where we were. If it was a chair she would pull it out.

"So Azariah...How old are you?" My daddy asked and she had her face mugged up "7" She answered shortly and I shook my head almost laughing.

She was always like this, well not to me, she know better.

"She reminds me of me when we first met" I heard my momma whisper and my dad laughed at that nodding his head.

"So how's you and that lil boy?" My dad turned to uncle Josiah and he straightened up "Were good, he invited me to a party I think I'm gonna go" He smiled.

I'm happy that my uncle is happy. I hated his last boyfriend and still do more then ever since he pulled that shit on my uncle.

Oops don't tell him I cursed.

"Thought you didn't like party's?" My mama smirked and Josiah hit his arm "Shut it" Josiah shook his head laughing.

"Thryi!" My dad turned to her and she straightened up next. I felt a hand under the table and seen it was Azariah's. I grabbed her hand and kept eating with my other one.

"Yes sir?" She asked and he eyed her "Desmond is it?" He tilted his head and Thryi's eyes widened "How did you?!!" She groaned and he held out his hand "Pay up" He smirked.

My dad and my sister had this thing where they would make bets on the names of the girls Thryi is dating, I'm guessing that's the name of the girl Thryi is dating rn so she owes my dad 40 dollars. In my opinion it's stupid.

I noticed Azariah hadn't touched her food except for her chicken and macaroni leaving the broccoli.

"Is something wrong?" I asked staring at her and she shook her head "I'm allergic to broccoli" She mumbled and I oh'd.

"Mommy" I called and he hummed "Yes baby?" He asked looking over "Azariah's allergic to broccoli" I said and he nodded taking the plate immediately and coming back wit a bowl of ice cream.

"That's better" I sighed and looked around at everyone laughing.

Thoughts?

Vote and Comment🤍