Detention, Miss Potter

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Educational Decree No. 21:
Boys and girls are not permitted to be within 8 inches of each other.

Educational Decree No. 22:
All Weasley Products will be banned immediately.

Educational Decree No. 23:
Proper Dress and Decorum is to be maintained at all times.

Educational Decree No. 25:
Any literature by non-Wizards or Half-breeds is banned, forthwith.

Educational Decree No. 26:
Students must consent to have their post checked for illegal contraband.

Educational Decree No. 27:
Any complaints about Hogwarts or its staff must be made in writing to the High Inquisitor.

Educational Decree No. 24:

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.
Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. 
Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

Over the next week or so, it seemed like there was a new Educational Decree being posted daily. All of them were ridiculous and really put into perspective just how far Umbridge and the Ministry had taken over at Hogwarts. Iris suffered from the new restrictions being placed on them along with the rest of her schoolmates, until one morning when she woke to Educational Decree No. 24.

A large sign had been affixed to the Gryffindor notice board, so large that it covered everything else on there— the lists of second-hand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Mr Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog cards for others, the Weasleys' new advertisement for testers (only under the table since No. 22), the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends, and the lost-and-found notices. The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

Many Gryffindor students crowded around and Iris read the sign quickly, a stony face masking the absolute horror she felt rising within her. She turned and made her way out of the Common Room briskly, lost in thought as she walked down the corridor. The very first thought that came to mind was that Umbridge had to know about their secret group. Somehow she knew what they were planning and was trying to put a stop to it. Iris jogged down the staircases as she considered what to do about it.