Slow Dancing

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Once the girls were up in their dormitory they got started with getting ready. Iris stood behind Hermione as her bushy-haired friend sat at the small vanity they had in their room. After brushing her curly hair out the best she could, Iris poured a dollop of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion into her hand and started combing it through Hermione's caramel coloured hair.

"Y'know, my grandfather invented this stuff. It's definitely coming in handy now... look at that," Iris grinned showing Hermione a chunk of now straight hair.

She worked on her best friend's hair for the next hour or so until it was just barely wavy. In that time, Lavender and Parvati had joined them in the dorm along with Parvati's twin Padma, who had brought all her stuff to get ready over from her room in Ravenclaw. The five girls couldn't stop talking the entire time, and Iris realized how happy she was to have these friends. She never really had many friends before she started at Hogwarts; It was always just her and Harry.

Finishing up with Hermione's hair, they all marvelled for a minute at how different she looked. They had never seen her without her bushy hair before, and it was almost startling how much she looked like a different person. Parvati took over after that, working to pin Hermione's hair into an intricate updo, as she was really good at doing hair.

Iris moved on to doing her own hair after that, wetting it and rolling it all up into logs around hair curlers, pinning them in place so they could dry. While they set and dried, Lavender did her makeup. They had a nice system going on: Parvati would do hair, Lavender and Padma were on makeup duty, and Iris and Hermione helped with whatever was needed at the moment.

After Iris was all done, besides putting her dress on, and was just letting her rolled hair dry she helped the other girls finish up. They had a little less than an hour until they had to head down to the Great Hall.

"I'm going to go check on the boys," Iris announced, receiving a chorus of assent.

As she walked out of their room and down the stairs to the common room Iris realized how crazy she probably looked with her hair all pinned up in curlers and a full face of makeup while wearing one of Cedric's Hufflepuff jumpers he had given her and a pair of joggers. She quickly made her way across the common room and up the stairs to the boy's dormitory, stopping outside of Harry's shared room and knocking on the door.

A moment later, the door was pulled open and she was faced with Seamus, "Oh hey Iris."

He welcomed her inside to where she found her brother, Ron, Neville, and Dean all getting ready. All of them looked very self-conscious, but none as much as Ron, who surveyed himself in the long mirror in the corner with an appalled look on his face. There was just no getting around the fact that his robes looked more like a dress than anything else.

She said a greeting to Harry, who returned it, saying her face looked weird. With a sarcastic thanks, Iris walked over to Ron. As she stood beside him, observing his outfit through the mirror she grimaced at the look of his robes and felt bad, because she knew how much he hated them. And then Iris had an idea.