Shrieking Betrayal

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Though in reality, it was only for a few seconds, Iris felt as if she had been unconscious for hours.

Her arm was throbbing in pain and she pressed her lips together to muffle a scream. Her hazel eyes shot open and it took second to focus, but once she did she found Harry kneeling over her with a worried look on his face as he kept glancing down at her arm.

All of a sudden, Harry ducked down, a branch of the Whomping Willow missing him by an inch as it swept over them violently.

"C'mon, we've gotta go help Ron!" Harry quickly told her, pointing to the opening at the bottom of the deadly tree.

Iris got distracted from his words when she heard Hermione swing past, shrieking. She had wrapped herself around a branch of the tree and was hanging on tightly as it whipped her around.

Harry pulled Iris up onto her knees, being careful not to touch her right arm.

 "Can you crawl over to the hole?" Harry asked her.

She groaned in pain but started moving toward the dark chasm in the trunk of the tree. Luckily, she wasn't too far away.

Iris had gotten no more than two feet when Hermione flew past once again, this time grabbing Harry by the collar of his t-shirt and taking him with her into the air.

The Potter girl hurried along until she was just in front of the hole and then stuck her feet in first, shimmying down into the familiar dark expanse below.

She took one last glance at her aching arm in the dying sunlight and noticed that the sleeve of her navy blue hoodie was becoming wet with deep-red blood. She looked away, not even wanting to imagine how bad it must have been under the sleeve.

Stumbling into the hallway to wait for the other two to join her, Iris cradled her broken arm, trying to find some sort of relief in the pain.

A few seconds later, her brother came flying into the dark passageway, slamming into her and sending her into the stone wall.

She gasped loudly, poorly stifling a scream of sheer pain as her arm banged into the wall.

Harry immediately looked up and started apologising, though it wasn't long before Hermione came sailing through just like he had moments before, landing on top of the dark-haired boy and crushing him into the floor.

"I'm sorry," Hermione told him, pushing off of the ground.

"Don't worry about it."

Even in the dim lighting, Hermione's eyes caught on Iris' sleeve, which was now darker than the rest of the hoodie as it was becoming quickly soaked in blood.

"Iris! That doesn't look good at all," Hermione said worriedly.

Iris grimmaced, "Brings back memories from Harry last year. At least this time there's no Lockhart..."