The Full Moon

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Sirius immediately rushed to the transforming man, "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?"

Lupin twitched, shaking his head. Pettigrew's eyes darted, taking in the situation, then slowly shifted, making note of the wand trembling in Professor Lupin's lengthening fist.

"Run. All of you. Now." Sirius yelled at the four students who were watching in horror.

But none of them did, transfixed, watching as bristles began poking through their teacher's skin. Sirius stepped forward, wrapping his arms around his friend and pressing his mouth next to his ear.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh," Sirius shouted.

He pounded on Remus' chest, "This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!"

As Lupin's wand dropped Pettigrew leapt.

"No!" Harry yelled, aiming his wand at the snivelling man, "Expelliarmus!"

Lupin's wand flew from Pettigrew's hand and he froze, slowly turning. Face blank, eyes closed, he... grinned hideously before starting to shrink into his rat form. Stunned, Iris watched a rat dart into the night.

Suddenly, a howl pierced the air and Iris wheeled. With a shrug, Lupin tossed Sirius into the air, then turned, no longer human but a werewolf.

"Sirius!" Iris shouted in fear as her godfather went flying, hitting the ground out of sight with an audible whimper.

Harry and Hermione began to edge back, Harry reaching out to grab Iris' good arm, pulling her back next to him. Iris watched as the werewolf that once was Professor Lupin stared at them, growling. She shrugged her bicep out of her twin's grip, taking a hesitant step forward.

"Professor...?"

Her friends and brother hissed at her to come back as she took another step closer to the subdued werewolf. Hesitating for a moment, Iris dove within his mind, trying to push past the heavy barriers blocking her. Iris couldn't go through the minds of animals, and she had to assume that that was what was making it more difficult; The werewolf was fighting back.

The young witch finally managed to break through for just a moment, glimpsing a memory of their Professor for just a second before she was forced out once more, this time her focus snapping back to an angry werewolf.

Its eyes blazed, long teeth glittering in the moonlight. Then a horrifying growl erupted from its throat, making Iris jump back in fear into her friends' awaiting clutches. They all held onto each other, backing up slowly.

Just behind her, Ron was whimpering in terror, "Nice doggy... nice doggy."

Just as Remus took a step forward, Professor Snape burst out of the tunnel, eyes narrowing in hatred on them... well, mostly on Harry.