Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"Anything from the trolley?" The familiar voice of the old trolley woman echoed down the train hallway.

Hear her approaching, Ron quickly shut the Quidditch book he was reading and rifled through his pocket, pulling out a few sickles. The old witch pushed her cart up just outside their train compartment, peeking her head inside the open doorway.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?"

Iris lowered her potions textbook, elbowing her brother who was sitting next to her. When he looked at her she gestured at the trolley mouthing, 'Get me a wand". Harry's face scrunched up at her, his mind asking why she couldn't do it herself. She raised her eyebrows at him, pointing down at the sleeping ball of fluff named Buttercup that was currently holding residence on her lap. He huffed at her, standing up behind Ron as Iris went back to her reading.

"Packet of Drooble's and a liquorice wand," Ron told the trolley lady. He then realized he wouldn't have enough for both the gum and the wand and changed his mind, "On second thought, just the Drooble's."

"It's alright, I'll get it," Harry offered, getting Iris' liquorice wand and handing it back to her.

Ron shook his head, "Just the Drooble's, thanks."

Iris peered over the top of her book at her brother as he searched the trolley for anything he would want. At least, that was until a girl by the name of Cho Chang walked up. Immediately, Harry's head snapped overt her, and the corners of Iris' lips pulled up as she listened to Harry's fanciful thoughts running madly through his head.

"Two pumpkin pasties please," Cho requested.

Iris' eyes flew back and forth from her brother to Cho, coming just over the top of her textbook in a way that resembled a hippopotamus in water. She felt a soft kick in the shin and looked across the small compartment to Hermione who was sitting opposite her. Her best friend raised her eyebrows, slightly tilting her head towards Harry as she tried to hold back a laugh.

Cho thanked the trolley lady when she got her treats and gave Harry a smile before walking away with her friends. Iris' poor, lovesick, brother stared after her, practically drooling until the old witch brought him back to reality.

"Anything sweet for you dear?"

Harry looked at the woman, stuttering for a second, "Oh, no thank you, I'm not hungry."

Iris snorted. He took one last look down the corridor after Cho before returning to his seat next to Iris, staring off into space with the expression of a lost puppy. Iris' head cocked to the side and she squinted as she observed him, wondering if she looked this pathetic when she was thinking of Cedric.

"This is horrible," Hermione's voice broke the silence, talking about the main article on the Daily Prophet paper she was reading, "How can the ministry not know who conjured it. Isn't there any security?"