We Are The Champions

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"Guess who?" An excited voice spoke, challenging their companion.

Cedric Diggory had been sitting at the Hufflepuff table, eating breakfast with his friends when a small hand came in from behind him, shielding his vision. The soft familiar melody of Iris' voice had then leaned in, speaking over his shoulder, asking a question she knew he easily had the answer to.

At once, a large grin grew on his face, the corners of his eyes crinkling in delight as he twisted in his seat to face her. Iris giggled as he pulled her into him until their lips met. They kissed only for a moment before Iris leaned back, the corners of her lips drawing up into an excited smile. She pulled one of her hands out from behind her back, revealing a single cupcake resting in her palm.

"Happy Birthday!"

She sat down on the long bench beside him, greeting Issac, Maddie, and Kasper, who all smiled and welcomed her. Iris placed the cupcake in front of Cedric with a small smile gracing her face, happy with how it had turned out. She had gone down to the kitchens late the night before and, with a bit of help from the house elves, made a batch of chocolate cupcakes (Cedric's favourite) each topped with a neat swirl of turquoise frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Wasting no time, the teenage boy abandoned the toast sitting on his plate and dug into the cake with great eagerness. Iris leaned her elbow on the long wooden table, resting her cheek on top of her knuckles as she tried not to laugh at him.

"You'll get the rest of your gift later."

Her boyfriend paused for just a second, his wide eyes rolling to meet hers as he lowered his cake, "Thank you... you didn't have to get me anything."

Iris blushed, "But I wanted to."

She heard a faint gagging sound and leaned forward, peering around Cedric to witness Issac with his face all screwed up. The four stared at him for a moment.

"If you four could cool down on the coupley things please," Kasper bashfully removed his arm from where it had been securely wrapped around Maddie's shoulders as the two were practically glued together, "us single people are starting to feel left out."

Maddie giggled, "Don't worry Issac, we'll find you someone soon."

That didn't seem to reassure him in the slightest as his eyes squinted at the table in disinclination.

He hummed, "Yeah I think I'll pass... Anyway, are you ready Cedric?"

The dark-haired boy nudged his head toward the Great Hall doors, where Iris knew the flaming goblet rested just outside. The smile on her face deflated as she looked at the large doors.

With a hesitant but certain nod from Cedric, the group of five stood and made their way out of the Great Hall.

When they got out into the entrance hall, they saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the centre of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat. A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around it in every direction.