Chapter 28: An Act of Desperation.

A/N: I HAVE CHANGED A FEW MINOR DETAILS. LIKE LUCI'S, GABE'S, AND CASS' WING COLORS. LUCI'S WINGS ARE NOW HOT PINK AND SPARKLY, GABE'S ARE BLUE, AND CASS' HOT PINK BUT DULLER THAN LUCI'S AND NOT SPARKLY. ANOTHER CHANGE THAT I'VE MADE IS THAT THE WARDINGS' RANGE AROUND JEAN AND LUCI'S HOUSE IS NOW 300 YARDS INSTEAD OF 100 FEET, BUT I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO CHANGE THAT IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS YET.

THE ROAD SO FAR: Jean is furious at Lucifer after he had Death raise the dead in Sioux Falls and forcing Bobby to kill his wife, Karen, once again. She puts up a warding signal to keep Lucifer out of Bobby's house while she's temporarily living with him. She decides to accompany Sam and Dean on a simple salt and burn hunt when two other hunters, Roy and Walt, break into their motel room. They shoot and kill both Sam and Dean, but before they can shoot Jean as well, she slices through the warding signal on her arm that was keeping Lucifer away. Lucifer quickly and easily disposes of Roy and Walt before he takes her to their home and helps her to go to sleep by using his powers.

**********NOW**********

Jean is jolted awake the next morning by the sound of Asia's 'Heat of the Moment'. Her eyes snap open and she momentarily struggles to roll over onto her other side. Once she manages to do so, she quickly picks up her phone off of the nightstand. "Sammy! Oh, thank God, you're alive! How's Dean? Is he with you?"

"Yeah, he's fine. He's right here. Are you okay, Jean?"

"I'm fine. I managed to break the signal and Lucifer took the shot to the chest that was meant for me."

"Well, at least he's good for something."

Jean sighs, "Don't start, Sam, please."

"Fine. We need to talk. Where are you?"

"I'm at home. Do you still have the coordinates that I gave you?"

"Uh," there's a few seconds of silence on the other end of the line. "I think so. Yes, I remember that I wrote them down in dad's journal just in case. We're heading your way, but it will take us a couple of hours to get there."

"That's fine. I'll see you guys soon!" Jean ends the call before trying to sit up. She sighs in irritation, "I feel like a damn turtle on its back." She finally manages to sit up when the sound of fluttering wings fills the air signaling the arrival of Lucifer. Jean manages to push herself off of the bed and on to her feet. "S-U-C-C-E-S-S that the way you spell success!"

Lucifer watches in amusement as his etam celebrates the act of standing up on her own. "I see that you're feeling better today, my love."

Jean starts to walk towards the bathroom, "Yep! I just heard from Sam, both he and Dean are okay and on their way here. Not only that...but I managed to stand up without peeing myself. This day is off to a great start." She enters the bathroom then closes the door behind her. At the mention of the male Winchesters, Lucifer makes a face of annoyance. "And don't you dare make that face!" Jean shouts at him through the door.

Lucifer is slightly impressed, "How did you know?"

Jean walks out of the bathroom after washing her hands, "Because you're my ugear, Lucifer, and I know you very well. Now, if you promise me that you'll be on your best behavior while my brothers are here, I'll groom your wings." The word groom isn't even fully out of her mouth when a sparkly hot pink feathered wing is thrust in front of her face. She laughs joyfully and runs her fingers through the soft feathers. Lucifer's wings are in much better shape now than when she first saw them; the feathers are glossier and all of the singed and broken feathers are gone thanks to all of Jean's meticulous grooming. Unfortunately, there are still bald patches where Michael ripped out the feathers from when he threw Lucifer out of Heaven and Jean doubts that these feathers will ever grow back. She gently strokes one of these spots and coos, "Aw, my poor Luci..."