Chapter 15: No Rest for the Wicked (Part 2) [EDITED]

Later that night, Sam is in the basement of the house talking with Ruby after summoning her behind his siblings' backs.  Ruby is in the middle of trying to convince Sam to use his psychic abilities when Dean and Jean walk into the room.  "So that's you, huh?  Our slutty little Yoda?" Dean says, walking up behind Ruby with Jean by his side.

     "I prefer to think of her more as Jar-Jar Binks; annoying as fuck and everyone wants her dead, but for some reason she stays alive." states Jean.

     Ruby turns around to face the twins, "Dean, Jean. Charming as ever."

     "Oh, we knew you'd show up."  He walks closer to Ruby, "Because we knew Sam wouldn't listen.  But you're not gonna teach him anything.  You understand me? Over my dead body."  Jean facepalms at her twin's choice of words.

     Ruby scoffs, "Oh, well, you're right about that."

     "What you are gonna do is give me that knife.  And then you'll go crawl back into whatever slop you came from and never bother me and my siblings again, are we clear?"

     "Your brother is carrying a bomb inside of him and we'd be stupid not to use it."

     "First of all, there is no we bitch.  You are not welcomed around us.  The only thing we want from you is that knife and you'll be damn lucky if we don't take the knife and then kill you with it." Jean says.  "And second...really?  You want us to let Sam use his psychic powers and you compare them to a fucking bomb?  Just how stupid are you?"  Ruby glares at the female Winchester.

     "Dean, Jean, look, just hold on...."

     "Sam, don't."  Dean snaps at him.  "Come on, man.  What are you blind?  Can't you see that this is a trick?"

     "That's not true," says Ruby.

     "She wants you to give into this whole demonic, psychic whatever, okay?  Hell, she probably wants you to become her little Antichrist superstar."

     "I want Lilith dead. That's all."

     "Why?"

     "I've told you why."

     "Oh, right, yeah.  Because you were human once.  And you like kittens and long walks on the beach."

     "You know, I am so sick of proving myself to you.  You wanna save yourself?  This is how, you dumb, spineless dick!"

     Dean punches Ruby in the face hard enough to split her lip.  Jean takes a step away from her twin, knowing that he just pissed off the demon and that they're about to get into a huge fight.  Normally, Jean would have her brother's back, but since Dean threw the first punch this time, she figures he should deal with the consequences himself.

     Ruby punches Dean once in the stomach and then in the face.  Sam moves towards Ruby to stop her, "Ruby, hey."  Ruby turns, kicks Sam in the stomach and then brings her knee up into his face.

     Now Jean is pissed; she can understand Ruby attacking Dean, he punched Ruby first...but Sam was just trying to stop the fight.  Jean enters the fray, punching Ruby across the face and Ruby retaliates by punching her in the stomach.  Ruby then goes to kick Jean, but she catches Ruby's leg and yanks it hard enough to throw the demon off balance.  Jean then throws another punch at Ruby's face and there comes the satisfying cracking sound of Ruby's nose breaking.  However, it doesn't seem to slow the demon down very much, as Ruby quickly recovers and punches Jean in the ribs before kicking Jean's legs out from under her.  Jean falls onto her back and Ruby begins to kick her in the ribs and stomach.  Jean finally loses her temper and her eyes turn crimson as Lucifer's grace awakens in order to protect his etam.  Ruby goes to kick Jean for a fourth time, but Jean simply grabs her leg and easily tosses the demon across the room like she's a ragdoll.  Ruby's back slams against the opposite wall with enough force to break some of the wooden boards.  Jean stands up and makes her way over to where Ruby is laying on the ground.  As Jean approaches her, Ruby scrambles to her feet and prepares to attack the female Winchester again, but stops when her eyes meet Jean's own crimson gaze.  Ruby's face twists into an expression of shock and fear and Jean feels a rush of pleasure at the look of terror on the demon's face.  Jean can almost hear Lucifer's voice in her head, encouraging her to let his grace take control, and that's precisely what Jean does.  Jean feels an incredible surge of raw power flow through her and she grabs Ruby's throat with her left hand.  With inhuman strength, Jean rams her right arm through the demon's gut, grabs her spinal column, and with an immensely powerful yank, Jean breaks the spine of Ruby's host.  Ruby screams loudly and instantly collapses to the ground.