Chapter 8: Wibbly-wobbly, Timey-wimey Stuff [EDITED]

A couple of days pass by since the death of John Winchester and his body is released into Sam, Dean, and Jean's custody.

    After they borrow a truck from Bobby, they drive back to his place to give John a hunter's funeral.  Bobby allows the siblings to burn John's body in a field behind his auto salvage and the Winchesters are grateful.

    As they stand around the fire and watch their father's body burn, all three are struggling to hold back their tears.  Jean lifts a bottle of whiskey to her lips and swallows a mouthful.  She then passes the bottle to Sam who takes a shot then passes it to Dean.  Dean takes a large gulp of the booze then hands it back to Sam.  Sam passes it back to Jean who drinks another mouthful.

    Sam asks Dean if John said anything before he died.  Dean tells him no, but Jean can tell that he's lying, however, she doesn't say anything so that a fight doesn't break out between her grieving brothers.

*******************

    Months pass and the Winchester siblings have been through a lot together.  First Sam and Dean meet Ellen Harvelle and her daughter Jo.  Ellen is the owner of a bar for hunters and once good friends with John Winchester.  Jean has known Ellen and Jo for years and absolutely adores them.  When she was hunting by herself, she would frequently stop by Harvelle's Roadhouse to visit with them.  Ellen gives the Winchesters a case which turns out to be a Rakshasa, an ancient Hindu creature that eats human flesh.

    Dean manages to fix the Impala and she's good as new by the time that the siblings head out on their next case.  The next hunt they go on involves vampires.  They end up running into Gordon Walker, a fellow hunter who is obsessed with killing vampires.  Jean tries to warn Dean that Gordon is nothing but bad news, however, Dean doesn't listen to her.  It turns out the vampires they're hunting are only drinking cattle blood and haven't harmed anybody.  There's a huge confrontation with Gordon in which Gordon tries to prove to them that all vampires are nothing but mindless monsters, but fails when the vampire, Lenore, refuses to give into her lust for human blood when Gordon slices Sam's arm and let's the blood drip onto Lenore's face.  Dean then knocks Gordon out and the siblings leave him tied to a chair inside of an abandoned farmhouse.

    Their third hunt together makes Jean's skin crawl.  They return to their hometown of Lawrence to visit their mother's grave.  While Jean and Sam are at Mary's grave, Dean is walking around the cemetery when he notices a perfect circle of dead grass and plants surrounding another grave belonging to Angela Mason.  It so happens to have been caused by an ancient ritual that raises the dead from their graves.  Jean never has liked zombies or zombie-like creatures.  She's never been entirely sure of why, but feels fairly certain that it's because she and Dean watched Dawn of the Dead when they were really little.  Eventually they manage to lure Angela to the cemetery and nail her back into her coffin with a silver spike.  Afterwards, Jean empties a clip of silver bullets into the corpse's head and heart.  Sam and Dean look at her like she's gone insane and her only response is to claim that, "When it comes to zombies, it's better to be safe than sorry."

    They then travel to Guthrie, Oklahoma after Sam has one of his psychic visions and track down another psychic by the name of Andrew Gallagher.  Andy apparently has the ability to make people do whatever he wants them to do with verbal commands.  Andy has short brown hair and brown eyes and lives in his van, but Jean finds him to be fairly cute anyways.

     While Sam and Jean are following the psychiatrist who, according to Sam's vision, walks into a gun store and shoots the owner and then himself;  Dean follows Andy in the Impala.  Andy notices Dean following him and uses his power to make Dean give him the Impala.  Once Andy leaves and Dean's head is clear, he calls Jean and tells her that Andy Obi-Wan'd him and now has the Impala.  Jean can't help but laugh at Dean's comment.  She temporarily leaves Sam by himself in order to go and pick up Dean.