Chapter 13: Mystery Spot [EDITED]

The several following months are mostly miserable for Jean. The only thing that makes these months more pleasant are the calls from Nick. At first Nick would only call once every two weeks then he starts calling once a week. By the time Christmas arrives, Nick is calling Jean three times a week. The two would talk for hours about anything; from how their day went to telling the other stories of when they were growing up. Of course, Jean never mentions to Nick about hunting anything supernatural, instead referring to the creature in her stories as a 'dangerous criminal'.

The first month Jean spends at Bobby's working the phones as a punishment for taking off to Delaware. Meanwhile Dean, Sam, and Bobby work a demon case in Lincoln, Nebraska which turns out to be the Seven Deadly Sins.

Jean would've spent the next month like the previous one, except she manages to bribe Dean into letting her rejoin him and Sam with a platinum membership to Busty Asian Beauties dot com. Together again, the three Winchesters work a case in Cicero, Indiana involving changelings, creatures that snatch kids from their homes then perfectly imitate them so that they can feed on the mother. But what was really fascinating about the case was meeting Lisa Braedon; a woman that Dean had a passionate fling with eight, almost nine years ago; and her eight year old son, Ben. Dean freaks out a little when he first meets Ben because they're so much alike that he thinks Ben might be his son. When Jean meets Ben, she can't exactly blame Dean for thinking so because Ben reminds her of how Dean was when he was eight. So much so that she dubs Ben her 'Honorary Nephew' and gives Lisa her number in case they ever need help with anything.

One of Jean's contacts, Kirin Cameroes, who works for a natural history museum in Bloomington, Washington calls her for help on a case where workers have been killed by something supernatural at the museum. Jean agrees to come and help, but because her brothers receive a call on their dad's old phone about a storage unit of his being broken into, the siblings decide to temporarily split up. Dean and Sam drop Jean off at Bobby's where her Mustang is being kept.

She arrives in Bloomington after a day and a half of driving. After a few hours of sleep at a cheap motel, Jean pulls up to the museum at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. She meets Kirin; a short, plump joyful woman in her fifties with brown hair and hazel eyes; outside of the entrance to the museum. "Hi, Jean. Thanks so much for coming. I didn't know who else to call."

Jean smiles at her, "I'm always happy to Kirin. So do you mind filling me in on what's been happening?"

Kirin leads the female Winchester inside of the museum while explaining to her how several archeologists have been found dead of apparent snake bites inside of the museum. "Snake bites? Are you sure that's what the morticians said?" Jean asks her while being shown around the museum.

Kirin nods, "Positive. Although they said the snake that bit them would have to be enormous considering the spacing between the fang wounds.. We've called several different snake experts in to look for any snakes, but all of them couldn't find anything."

"When did the first victim die?" Jean asks.

"Not long after our newest exhibit arrived." She leads Jean into the back where the stuff that isn't ready to be displayed is kept. "It was found in an ancient shrine dedicated to Shekinester, a goddess also known as the Three-Faced Queen."

Jean nods, "If I remember correctly she was said to be worshipped by snake-like creatures with human-like faces known as nagas and was considered to be a very involute deity, not adhering to a fixed sense of morality or lawfulness."

Kirin grins, "That's right! I'm surprised that you knew that. Most people don't care about learning anything about snake-like deities."

"I was really into anything having to do with snakes growing up and with the way that I was raised that naturally included anything supernatural."