Chapter 30: So It's Come to This.

A month later, Lucifer wakes Jean up early in the morning and he instantly regrets it. "Damn it, Lucifer! You feathery bastard! I'm exhausted and my back, hips, and pelvis all hurt, so leave me alone!" She snaps at him and gives him a death glare, "You are so lucky that I can't physically hurt you, or I would right now."

     Lucifer's eyes narrowed in warning at her, "Watch your tone."

     She snorts, "I haven't been sleeping well recently and I am in pain from carrying your children! I am entitled to be a little grumpy! Now, please, let me try and get some sleep."

     He sighs, "You should've told me." He reaches out and touches her temple with the index and middle fingers of his right hand. Instantly, Jean's pain vanishes and she's out cold.

     He returns at noon with a plate piled high with chocolate-covered tater tots and this time Jean is awake and happy to see him. "Thank you," she says as he hands her the plate. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier, Luci. I was sleepy and hurting which equals to me being very cranky."

     "Cranky isn't exactly the word that I would've used. Why didn't you ask me for help?"

     She shrugs, "It was equal parts me being stubborn and not thinking straight. Why did you wake me up in the first place, beloved?"

     Lucifer says, sounding excited, "I wanted to show you the finished nursery. But finish eating first and then I'll show you the room."

     After Jean is done eating, she uses the restroom and then follows her ugear out of their bedroom and across the hall to the nursery. "Man, TV and movies never go into detail about how damn near everything hurts during pregnancy," she says as they come to a stop outside the nursery room door.

     "Are you in pain again?" She nods and he touches his fingers to her forehead again, "Is that better?"

     Jean sighs in relief then says in excitement, "Much. Now let's see what you've done with the nursery."

     Lucifer opens the door revealing the babies' room to his etam. Jean is astonished by the now fully painted and furnished room. The walls are painted a pale yellow with gray trim and matching gray carpet covering the floor. Up against the right wall are two identical wooden cribs painted white. Above each crib is a sun, moon, and stars mobile. Opposite the door to the hallway are three medium-sized bay windows. The middle window is made up of a single square of glass while the windows on either side are vertical rectangles and divided into eight individual squares on the top half while the bottom half is a single pane of glass that can be raised in order to open them. Beneath the bay windows is a white sofa with a gray square throw pillow resting against either arm of the sofa. Across the room from the cribs is a white changing table with a space under the changing area for diapers and wipes and two large square drawers for clothes beneath that. Beside the table is a small white trash bin for dirty diapers. In the corner of the room, facing the right bay window is a white wingback rocking chair.

     Jean sighs in relief, "I am so glad that you did this. I hate decorating rooms."

     Lucifer slightly chuckles, "I decided it would be for the best if I just decorated it all myself since you nearly drove me into a murderous rage just trying to pick what colors to paint the walls."

     Jean laughs at the memory, "You did a very good job on the room, beloved. I love it." She presses her lips against his and he quickly deepens the kiss.

     He breaks the kiss, "Let's get you back to bed so that you can rest."

     "Actually, I would like to walk around for a bit." He nods and they begin to walk through the house together. "Luci, I was thinking about visiting Bobby before I become bedridden in two more months. Will you take me?" Lucifer is now scowling with his eyebrows furrowed. Jean gives him her best puppy dog eyes, "Please?"