Chapter 7: 10:41 A.M. [EDITED]

Loud shouting can be heard coming from John's room and Jean stands up from the chair beside Dean's bed to find out what's going on. She arrives at John's room just in time to hear Sam tell John to go to hell.

"I should've never taken you along in the first place," John shouts at Sam. "I knew it was a mistake!"

Suddenly, a glass of water goes flying off of the table without being touched and smashes on the floor. All three look at it then John and Sam look at each other. Sam looks at Jean and she at him, but Jean and John avoid making eye contact.

A voice comes over the P.A. system and seconds later nurses are running past John's room heading for Dean's. Alarmed, Jean quickly follows them. When she arrives in the doorway of Dean's room, the nurses and doctors are trying to resuscitate Dean. "No...Dean...." Jean's eyes start to fill with tears and she nearly jumps when a hand comes to rest on her shoulder. She looks to her left and notices Sam standing next to her, a look of despair and pain on his face.

As they both watch in horror, the doctors continue to try to save Dean's life. Finally a steady beeping begins to emit from the heart monitor. Jean and Sam let out sighs of relief before Jean turns to Sam and says, "I have a plan but I need to get some things from the trunk of my car. Where are the keys?"

Sam looks at her in confusion before taking her car keys from his pocket. "What do you mean? What plan?"

Jean motions for Sam to follow her as she walks towards the staircase. "Hospitals are prime hunting grounds for reapers and I believe one may be after Dean." They reached the stairs and began to make their way down the two flights of stairs to the first floor. "So I'm going to bind the reaper to keep it away from Dean."

Sam stops in his tracks and gently grabs Jean by her upper arm causing Jean to come to a stop as well. "Jean, that is extremely dangerous....If the reaper got free, it would go after you!"

"Yeah, I know Sam. But I have to do something to help Dean and this is the best plan I have. If you have a better plan, I'm all ears."

Sam sighs and let's go of Jean's arm, "Okay. What can I do to help?"

Jean begins to walk towards the hospital's exit on the first floor and Sam follows her. "Actually, when I text you I need you to distract the security guards so I can sneak down into the boiler room and set up the altar."

They come to a stop again in front of the exit. Sam nods his head, "I can do that, but I'll need at least five minutes."

Jean pats Sam on the back, "Okay."

As Sam walks back the way they came, Jean leaves the hospital and finds her '68 Mustang in the parking lot. She opens the trunk and begins to pack everything she'll need for the ritual into an empty duffel bag. She puts the long strap of the bag over her shoulder then shuts the trunk. She looks at her cell and notices that only a couple of minutes have passed. So she unlocks and opens the passenger side door then grabs a candy bar. She commences to walk back to the hospital but stops outside the doors. She opens the candy bar and takes a large bite. After she finishes her candy bar, she pulls out her cell and looks at the time. She sees that more than five minutes have passed so she sends a quick text to Sam then waits.

She doesn't have to wait for long, only about a minute or two, when she sees the hospital's security guards leave their station and rush off in the opposite direction of the staircase that leads down to the basement where the boiler room is located. Jean walks casually through the entrance and towards the staircase. She makes it to the stairs without incident and starts to descend them. She soon reaches the boiler room and enters the room. She walks all the way to the back of the large room and begins to set up the altar.