Chapter 29: Hammer of the Gods.

Jean finds herself unable to speak as she stares into the familiar hazel eyes of a younger version of her father. 'No,' she thinks to herself, 'this isn't dad. It's the most powerful archangel in Heaven who may or may not want me and my unborn babies dead.' She snaps out of her shock, "Why do you look like my dad when he was younger?"

Michael's six gigantic pure white wings are folded in a resting position behind him. "A few months ago, a renegade angel went back in time to kill your mother. She would have succeeded if the John of that time hadn't of said yes to me in order to save her." Jean nods her head remembering how she had wanted to go back with her brothers and Castiel, but Lucifer wouldn't take her. "I didn't want to risk the lives of the fledglings by appearing to you in my true form so I chose to appear like this. You may be able to safely see Lucifer's true form, but that might only be because he's your en ugear."

"So you don't want to kill my babies?" Jean asks the archangel, placing a hand on her swollen belly.

"No, there are far too few angels left in existence and with Dad gone these fledglings may be the last ever created...Even if they are Lucifer's spawn."

"But if you kill Luci, I'll die too along with my fledglings." Jean points out to Michael.

"I am aware of this fact and have been carefully weighing options. I can delay the fight with my brother until after the fledglings are born, but that's the best that I can do. Lucifer must be destroyed."

"Why? He's your little brother you should love him and want to protect him no matter what."

Michael sighs and sits down beside Jean on the concrete bench. "I don't want to kill my little brother, Jean. I practically raised Lucifer myself. But it's my Father's will that one of us kills the other."

"I think that when God left Heaven he was essentially giving you angels free will of your own, which means you are free to choose rather or not to kill Lucifer."

"Perhaps, but I still have to kill Lucifer. He's a monster and has to be stopped."

"He's your brother."

"He's not the same Lucifer that I used to know." Michael's face softens and a small smile appears on his face, "He used to be so loving and gentle before he fell. I lost count of how many times I caught him sneaking injured animals into his room up in Heaven so that he could nurse them back to health. He used to love playing with our fledgling brothers and sisters, teaching them how to pull pranks, and sneak into the kitchens late at night for snacks." Michael's smile fades and his face becomes stern once again. "But that Lucifer no longer exists. Lucifer is now nothing more than a blood-thirsty monster whose path of destruction won't stop until he is dead."

Jean shakes her head, "That's not true. I've seen the loving side of him several times since he's been free." The scenery all of a sudden changes from a peaceful garden to the outside of a cheap motel at night. Lucifer is slow dancing with Jean in the parking lot near her Mustang and Dean's Impala. "This was the night of my thirty-first birthday. I had once asked Luci if he would dance with me and he said no, but he decided to dance with me as a surprise for my birthday." The scenery changes again to when Lucifer told Jean that she's pregnant. Jean and Michael watch as the other Jean starts to have a panic attack so Lucifer holds her in his arms and begins to purr to help calm her down. Everything changes once again and now Lucifer is tickling Jean on their bed at their home. She's laughing and trying to roll away from him, but she can't. There is a smile on Lucifer's face and the feathers on all six of his wings are slightly fluffed up in happiness. The scene yet again changes this time to Bobby's study when Jean asked Lucifer to save Ellen and Jo Harvelle and he agreed in exchange for her to stop hunting for three years for the safety of their unborn babies. There are a series of scene changes next each one showing a moment when Lucifer is lovingly caressing Jean's swollen belly. "You see? The sweet and loving Lucifer is still there, it's just been buried beneath all of the hurt and anger that has been accumulating inside of him over the many millennia that he has spent locked away in a cage." The scenery returns to that of the beautiful flower beds of Mill Pond Garden. "Put yourself in his shoes, Michael. The two people that he loved and looked up to the most called him a monster and a freak, turned their backs on him, then tossed him out of his home. To be kicked out of your own home by your father and older brother would devastate anyone." She sniffles a little as she tries to hold back the tears that have formed in her eyes. "I personally know how that feels and it frickin' sucks. You become so angry and depressed that you either try to take your own life because you feel like nobody loves you, not even your own family, or you lash out at everyone and everything around you in order to distance yourself away from others because you don't ever want to be hurt like that again. I at least had Bobby and Sam to help me through it, but Lucifer...Lucifer had no one at the time."