Chapter 27: Beautiful Trauma. [EDITED]

Two days later, Jean is sleeping peacefully and dreaming that she's on board the Thousand Sunny and eating with the Strawhat pirates. She playfully stabs Luffy's hand with her fork to keep him from stealing some of her food when everything suddenly freezes and then begins to change. Jean now finds herself standing in the living room of her and Lucifer's house. She looks around and spots Lucifer standing ten feet away from her. He looks depressed and his wings are being held low to the ground. Jean becomes worried about her ugear and asks him, "Luci, are you okay?"

     He shifts his weight from one foot to the other, "Do you still love me?"

     Jean looks at him confused, "Of course, I do. Why would you think that I've stopped loving you?"

     His wings relax a little and he looks relieved, "Because this is very similar to what happened with my dad. I angered him so he stopped loving me and kicked me out of my home."

     Jean's eyes soften and she walks up to stand in front of him then cups his face with her hands. She strokes his cheeks with her thumbs, "That's absolutely ridiculous. I may get mad at you sometimes, but I will never stop loving you. And I'm sure that God still loves you too. I mean...my dad and I fought all of the time and there were even times when we physically exchanged blows, but I knew that no matter what happened between us, my father still loved me. Besides, put yourself in your dad's shoes for a moment," Jean removes her right hand from Lucifer's face and places it on her swollen belly. "If one of our children were to defy you and go against your wishes you would be angry with them, maybe even punish them, but you wouldn't stop loving them, would you?"

     Lucifer nuzzles his face against Jean's left hand while placing one of his own hands over her hand on top of her belly. He wraps his sparkly, hot pink wings around her encasing her in a soft, feathery cocoon. "Of course not."

     Jean smiles at Lucifer and gently begins to run her fingers through his feathers. He hums in pleasure as her fingers move to groom his sensitive tertiary feathers. His icy blue eyes meet her emerald green orbs, "Does this mean that I am forgiven?"

     "No."

     Lucifer sighs, "Then what do I have to do for you to forgive me?"

     Jean huffs, "What you did to Bobby was cruel and heartless so I'm not going to forgive you very easily." Jean thinks for a moment while ignoring Lucifer's pout. An idea comes to her and she tells her husband, "I will forgive you if you do something nice for Bobby."

     Lucifer looks at Jean in disbelief, "Are you serious? You want me to do something nice? For a hairless ape?"

     Jean tugs gently on some of his less sensitive feathers. "Yes. And until you do, you're not allowed around me when I'm not asleep." Lucifer's pout intensifies and Jean raises an eyebrow at him. "It could've been worse, Luci. I could have said that I'd only forgive you if Bobby forgives you...And we both know that isn't gonna happen."

     "Fine. What do you want me to do?"

     "I'm sure you'll think of something. Now," Jean says, signalling a change in subject. "Let's talk about baby names." This lifts Lucifer's mood immediately. "If we have twin girls I was thinking either Pamela Ivy and Mary Harley or Ororo Jada and Selena Kyle."

     Lucifer snorts, "Ororo? Isn't that a brand of cookie?"

     "No, that's Oreo. Ororo is Storm's real name from X-Men. I got Jada from my favorite actress, Jada Pinkette Smith. And Selena Kyle is Catwoman's real name."

     "We are not naming any of our kids after comic book characters," Lucifer tells Jean, rolling his eyes.

     "We'll see." Jean claps her hands together, "Now if we have boys I was thinking either Fred and George, Dracule and Toshinori, or John Dean and Robert Samuel."