Chapter 21: Who Are You Gonna Call? [EDITED]

Jean is stuffing her face with apple pie when Gabriel, Dean, and Sam appear inside of the warehouse with her.  Jean turns around to face them when she hears Gabriel's slow clapping.  "Well played, boys.  Well played."

     Jean looks at the ring of holy fire that surrounds the archangel then asks him, "So, they finally figured it out, huh, Gabriel?"

     Sam and Dean look over at their sister.  "Gabriel?  You knew he was an angel?!" Dean asks her angrily.  "And where the hell did you get pie?!"

     She shrugs, "Well, yeah.  I've known for a while that he's an angel.  And the pie is an added benefit of being Gabe's friend.  Maybe if you were nicer to him instead of always trying to stab him, you'd get pie too."  Gabriel winks at her and she takes another bite.

     "How long have you known?"  Sam asks a little bit calmer than Dean, but obviously angry at her.

     "Since we first met him at the University of Springfield.  I could see his wings which made me curious about what he was.  So while you two were wrestling around in the motel room, I tracked Gabe down and we talked."

     "You knew all this time that he wasn't a trickster and you never told us!" Dean yells at Jean.

     Gabriel can sense that Jean is becoming stressed by her brothers and decides to bring their attention back to him.  "She didn't tell you because I made her promise not to tell anyone."  The brothers turn to face the archangel again.  "You see, my family thinks that I'm dead and I wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible.  Anyway, where'd you get the holy oil?"

     "Well, you might say we pulled it out of Sam's ass."  Dean's reply causes Jean to start choking on the last bite of pie that she just put in her mouth.  Gabriel's wings flare in alarm and inside of her Jean can feel Lucifer's grace begin to stir in anxiety.  Sam walks over to Jean and smacks her hard on the back a couple of times.  She stops choking and Gabriel's wings relax.  Jean feels Lucifer's grace settle back down inside of her.

     "Where'd I screw up?"  Gabriel asks the brothers out of curiosity.

     "You didn't," Sam replies while walking back to stand beside Dean once again.  "But nobody gets the jump on Cass like you did."

     "Mostly, it was the way you talked about Armageddon." Dean states.

     "Meaning?"

     "Well, call it personal experience.  Nobody gets that angry unless they're talking about their own family."  Dean tells Gabriel.

     Jean puts her empty plate down on the table full of sweets and immediately the table and everything on it disappears.  "Speaking of Cass...where is he?"

     Gabriel looks over at her, "Don't worry, he's fine."

     "Okay, Gabriel.  How does an archangel become a trickster?" asks Dean.

     "It's my own private witness protection.  I skipped out of heaven, had a face transplant, carved out my own little corner of the world...till you two screwed it all up."  Gabriel says pointing his fingers at Dean and Sam.

     "What did Daddy say when you ran off and joined the pagans?" Dean asks as Jean makes her way over to her brothers.

     "Daddy doesn't say anything about anything."

     "Obviously, God thought it was an excellent idea since he followed Gabe's example and disappeared."  Jean says sassily, but is ignored.  Shrugging, Jean starts to walk around the large room, thinking as hard as she can to come up with a way to prevent Lucifer and Michael from fighting.  She becomes so lost in her own thoughts that she misses most of the conversation between her brothers and her best friend.