Chapter 18: Lucifer Rising. [EDITED]

Seven months pass by and many things have changed for Jean and Nick. Jean gets a new pixie hair cut and is now a manager at the gun shop where she works. And Nick has been slowly packing away some of his deceased family's belongings and storing them in the basement.

One Thursday night, Nick and Jean are in the middle of oral intimacy when her cell phone rings. At first she just ignores it, but when the phone rings for a second and then a third time, she finally answers it. Nick stops lavishing attention to her nether regions and lays down next to her on the bed causing her to sigh in slight disappointment. "Hello, Sam."

"How did you know it was me, Jean? I'm calling from a new cell phone."

"I actually heard God laugh."

Jean hears Dean say in the background, "No, Cass, she was only joking. Sit back down."

Jean laughs, "So, what's going on? Whatever it is, tell me about it as quickly as you can."

"Uh, sorry, did I call at a bad time?"

"The worst," Jean replies to Sam. She then tells Nick, "From now on, no more phones in the bedroom." Nick nods in agreement.

"Uh, okay. You're, uh, you're not gonna believe this, but Dean and I stumbled across a series of books called 'Supernatural' and they're based on our lives."

Jean is confused, "What do you mean, based on our lives?"

"Everything that has happened to us starting from when Dean came and got me from Stanford and ending with Dean dying and going to Hell is in these books."

"Huh," Jean gets up from the bed. She looks over at Nick, "I'll be right back." She walks out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the living room. "Are these books just about you and Dean or am I in them too?"

"As far as we've read they're mainly about me and Dean, but you're in some of them too. Why didn't you ever go into details about those nightmares with dad or one of us, Jean?"

"With everything that was going on at the time a few measly nightmares didn't seem worth mentioning. What else do the books say about my nightmares?"

"Just that you finally managed to talk to the man the night when Jake killed me. Why? Is there something else we should know about these dreams?" Sam asks suspiciously.

Jean rubs the back of her head, "I, uh, can't tell you right now. I don't want Nick to overhear."

"Dean and I are on our way to Kripke's Hollow in Ohio to confront the author, Chuck Shurley. Do you want to join us?"

"I don't know, Sammy. I can't just drop everything and leave on such short notice now. I'm a manager at Pistols 'N' Rosas and we have a big sales event coming up. I have to be there."

Sam sighs, "Okay, I understand. But the next time we see you, you owe us an explanation."

"You have my word. The next time that I see you boys, I will tell you everything you need to know." She then hangs up before going back upstairs to bed.

Almost two weeks later, Jean receives another call from Sam while she and Nick are lying on the couch watching 'Million Dollar Baby' on their new TV. She picks up her phone from a new black stained wooden coffee table, "Hiya, Sammy."

"Hi, Jean. Listen, this is important. Dean and I are in Windom, Minnesota. Yesterday, a teenage boy named Adam Milligan called one of dad's old cell phones. He told us that his mom has been missing for almost a week and he called dad for help."

Jean frowns, "Okay...but why call me about this? I'm done with hunting and I want nothing more to do with it."

"Yeah, I know, but this is really important. Jean...Adam is our half brother."