5. No Touchy

Anti watched Chase carefully, almost too carefully. He fiddled with his sleeve, letting his hand ghost gently over his wounded arm.

'Of course not. Just wanted ta scare em a bit, ya know?' Anti gave a small grin. Chase tilted his head to the side a little, remembering his own therapy sessions and decided to try it out on Anti.

'And what triggered that? I mean, you didn't fight back when I was with you?'

'No, I... I don't want to... It doesn't matter anyways.' Chase could see the demon closing in on himself. He reached out across the table before realizing he had no intention of touching Anti. The demon had a firm no- touchy rule.

'Hey bro, it's okay... You don't have to answer, I get it.' Chase gushed quickly.

'No, it's fine, I see what you're trying to do. It's just... I know that you egos hate me, and I get why, don't mistake my words. Only JJ and sometimes you are ever nice to me. It's stupid, I'm stupid...' Here Anti's voice cracked a little with a short glitch.

'I thought that if I stopped acting like a murderer, like a demon, like what Sean fookin created me to be, if I stopped being who I am, then you egos might like me.'

Chase watched as Anti's eyes clouded with hate as he put strong emphasis on those words.

And it pierced Chase.

He had never thought of it like that before. Anti himself had never chosen to be a demon... He didn't choose when he killed... he just had the urge... A supernatural perk.

Amy suddenly came back over, laughing a little as she waved at another waiter, a guy with red- dyed hair, who had dropped a caramel milkshake on the floor and looked strangely familiar. She placed the coffee in front of Chase, and Anti grinned at her as she handed him the glitter hot chocolate.

'It's so pretty!' Anti gasped, whipping his phone out and snapping like 50 photos as Amy ran off to help the other waiter clear up his mess. Chase watched Anti stare wonderingly at the see- through cup, the orangey- gold glitter bustling around on the surface of the chocolatey beverage. He timidly poked the tip of his finger into the drink before taking it out and licking it. A smile spread over his face, illuminating it.

'Mmmm! 'S good!' Anti drank a mouthful before noticing Chase sitting there. 'Wann sum?'

Chase snorted. 'Dude, how can you even speak with a drink in your mouth? That's weird...' He leaned forward to take his coffee and sip it.

'You're weird.' Anti retorted.

Chase raised an eyebrow. 'How so?'

'I mean, you were watching me from the car like a creep. Aaand you keep staring at my hands. It might be a glance, but I still notice it.' Anti hummed. Then his eyes widened as if he had a sudden realization. He patted his sleeves, leaning back in his chair.

'That's why you're being so nice! You never wanted to hang around with me! You just- you just wanted to pry! You—you-!' Anti was clearly struggling with his intertwining emotions and slammed his hands onto the table as he stood up. The bitchy girls who were still sitting next to them stared over as Anti glitched a little.

'Y̴̝͌Ō̶̩Ȕ̸̹ ̴̝̃K̵̗̈́N̷͇͋Ö̷̻́W̵̗̽ ̵̧͝Ẇ̶͚H̶̼͂Ȁ̶͔T̶̳̎?̷̘̚!̸͈̽ ̴̝͝Ị̴́'̷̣̇M̷̰͐ ̴̥͝Ḑ̶͒Ő̴͎N̶͔̆E̵̱͝ ̵̤̄T̶͉̅R̷͔̃Y̴̡̛I̸̭͆N̶̛̩Ǵ̵̯ ̸̪̆T̸̘́O̵̱͋ ̷͎̚Ḿ̶̪A̴̺̐Ḵ̷͘E̶͕͊ ̷̭̀Ÿ̶̭́Ö̵̺U̷̞͒ ̷̫͘S̵̼̒E̷͎͛P̴̞̿Ṯ̸̋Ī̸͉C̶̼͂S̵̝͝ ̷͈̓L̸͙̕Ï̸͉K̴̞̔Ẻ̴͚ ̵̜̀M̷̛̟E̷͇͆!̷͖̈́ ̴̞͝I̵̝̒'̴͍͠M̷̥̓ ̵̫́D̷̜́Ó̶͙N̴͇͂É̴̖!̵̫͛' He brushed his hoodie sleeve over his face to wipe his tears.

'You all... You all fookin lie.'

He shook his head, running out into the rain and leaving his hot chocolate to sparkle, noticeably duller than it was before.