46. Crush

'You should've- I dunno, actually fought them?!' Dark yelled in frustration, angry tears forming in his eyes. 'This is all of yours' fault!' He paced the room as the Septics sat in silence on the couch or wherever they could sit. Chase suddenly sat up annoyedly.

'Excuse me? What would you have done? You would've used your goddamn demon powers to blast them into the Void. But guess what? We can't do that, because simple as it is to you, we're not fucking demons. We did the best we could, which clearly wasn't good enough. Now shut the fuck up and help me plan our arguments.'

Dark blinked, taking in what Chase had just said.

'Arguments for what?'

'For the court case. From mine and Stacey's-' He rested his head on Jackie's shoulder, closing his eyes at the thought of her;

'Only two people can fight in a court case. Usually they're lawyers or advocates of the victim, but no human is willing to help. So it's just me and you.' Chase opened his eyes, Dark's cherry red eyes curiously gazed over at him.

'Why not you and Jackie? You seem closer now?' He folded his arms.

'First of all, Anti and Jackie always hated each- other; Anti would probably ask to be killed before Jackie ever stood for him in court. Second, you're close to him.'

'So why are you going?' Dark asked, raising an eyebrow. 'You two've never been close from what I know.'

Chase raised his eyebrows; 'I'm surprised he never told you.'

'Never told me what?' Dark asked suspiciously, not knowing if he wanted to hear this ominous- sounding answer.

'He has a crush on me.'

'Ah.' Dark said. 'You're gonna be his knight in shining armour?'

Chase rolled his eyes.

'Sure.'

Dark grinned at this, his blue aura growing a little.

'Aww, that's cute.' Damien cooed, watching the scene out of the window of his cabin. Caline dumped a bunch of firewood and stoked the fire beneath the chimney.

'Yes, yes, very nice. Dark, you need to get him back. Adison and Die are planning something, I felt their presence in the Void recently. They haven't been back since.

No one knew what Blank had done.

Yet.