16. Literally

He sat at the kitchen table, a large scowl on his face as he glared at his toast. Burnt to a crisp, but did he care?

Nope.

He shoved half of it into his mouth, biting down with a loud 'crunch'.

His messy hair and the dark circles under his eyes were enough to keep the other egos away. Every now and then Anti would buzz slightly, giving anyone near him electric shocks. It was not a fun day so far.

The others just sat silently as far away from the glitch as possible. He had been in the worst of moods lately. He wasn't on talking terms.

Literally.

He hadn't spoken or looked at anyone since last week. It was almost as if they didn't exist. Chase had been more and more dragged into his court case with Stacey and wasn't currently making any attempts to revive the demon.

Anti finished his other half of toast and glitched, leaning back against his chair as Sean watched him concernedly. Yup. The egos were so weirded out by Anti's behaviour that they had called Sean. As if he would do anything to help, haha. Funny joke.

Anti was just... Empty. Ever since the incident on the roof. The main reason they called Sean.

He thought he could make it, honestly. The wind rushing through his hair, the birds calling out to him from above... He felt like he could fly. The birds would take him away.

He didn't need to be here.

But then stupid someone saw him, and the egos had rushed out onto the roof, trying to stop him. He should feel... warm? Happy that they saved him?

But he just felt empty.

He hated life. It was stupid and wasn't worth the trouble, really.

He had cut more. A lot more.

His mental health had gone downhill for no reason, and there was nothing to pull it back up.

Absolutely nothing could get him out of where he was now.