49. Court Case

Anti had no sense of time, but he was sure it had been about a week when Abe came to shackle him and escort him to the huge magistrate building. He scooped up Boo, the spider crawling back to nestle in the glitch's hair, out of sight. The last thing Anti did before leaving the prison was say goodbye to the Sanders.

They had already planned their way out, and Anti thought it was best to just let them be; It seemed they were capable of the impossible. They'd get out just fine.

He was currently being hauled into the court, the murdered victims' families congregated angrily in the stands, sobbing or jostling past others to give Anti furious looks. The glitch looked down, not even struggling as the officers dragged him to a stand. Anti's eyes widened hugely as he spotted a black suit and that trademark cap. Icons.

Darkiplier and Chase Brody.

The guy who always went solo until now, and... The stupid idiot.

Solo and Stupid.

That was harsh; Anti couldn't have been more grateful, but was he really sure that Dark and Chase made the best pair? Probably not.

He flinched as an officer pushed him into what seemed like a cage- like stand, but Anti didn't care at this point. He had expected none of the egos to show up; Least to say DARK.

Anti could tell that the single father was itching to come closer, but Dark held him back. Anti had always been unpredictable. But the glitch gave the entity a look, and the red-blue auras grew around Dark.

He was afraid. Nervous. Everything Dark should not be.

That was when Anti freaked.

He suddenly glitched uncontrollably in the cage- like contraption, everyone in the room gasping; he was clearly dangerous.

A murderer.

The lights flickered then went out, and the only light in the room was the uneven yet frequent glitching of Antisepticeye. He growled, resting clawed hands on the bars, lashing out to try to shed them to pieces. It was useless. The officers knew what they were dealing with.

Anti desperately looked around for an exit; But his eyes met Chase's in the dark of the room, and the trickshot just blinked at him.

He seemed calm.

'-But of course he would! He's done this before!' Anti told himself in his mind. Until a sick, hurtful feeling came across Anti's chest as Chase's eyes fell.

He'd failed the case anyway. He'd lost Sammy and Kallie. His kids and the two loves of his life. And now he would lose a fellow ego. But the man's posture stiffened, and the resolve in his eyes was unbearable as he stepped closer.

His hand reached forward, and Anti shrank back, until he felt Chase's hand on his own claw, which was clutching the bars in an inhumane grip.

It was warm compared to Anti's own freezing ones, and the glitch hadn't felt human comfort in a long time. He reached forward, letting his hand cup Chase's face. He let the warmth feel cosy against his hand before pulling away.

He wouldn't get Chase's hopes up; He didn't want to hurt the father any more.