12. Boo

'Okay, so. We have Hobbycraft.' Chase glanced upwards at the building sign.

'Yeah, let's go.' Anti dragged him towards the building.

'Woah, dude, hold on. There's other art shops too...' Chase said. Anti stopped, pointing up at the 'Hobbycraft' sign.

'Does this one sell glitter and paint?'

'Well, yeah, but—' Anti grabbed his arm and dragged him across the parking lot.

'Well then let's go!'

Chase rolled his eyes as he ran in pursuit of the overexcited demon.

***

'Found this...' Jackie hummed, sitting on his bed, having searched Anti's room. He was holding a picture of Chase and his kids, all of them smiling happily at the photo.

'Huh. Why would he keep this intentionally? Didn't he try to destroy their relationship?' He hummed in thought, getting up and going to Robbie's room.

'Hey.' He knocked. 'Can I come in?'

'Yep! Just open the door carefully!' the cheerful zombie replied, sounding busy.

'O... Kay.' Jackie slowly swung the door open. 'Oh wow...'

Robbie's room was... To say the least, beautiful. The main theme (of course) was purple, but there had been a galaxy painted on one wall, and sparkly adornments hung from his notice board, creating colourful patterns all over the room. Robbie was flat on his front on the lilac carpet, purple hair matching his surroundings.

What would this annoying new generation call it? Ah yes, aesthetic.

'Hi.' Robbie rolled his eyes from his position on the floor. There was a turtle curled up next to him as he doodled abstract drawings on a sketchbook.

'A turtle, bro?' Jackie laughed, still standing in the doorway.

'Anti.' Robbie scowled annoyedly. Ah yes. The turtle meme.

'Jeez, dude. Calm down. Anyways, what's with Anti and Chase?' Jackie hummed.

Robbie's eyes fell from Jackie to his sketchbook. 'Dunno.'

'Like... The hang out way more than a week ago, huh?'

'I know.'

Oh. Jackie should've thought about what he was saying before saying it. Robbie probably noticed it way before him. Him and Anti were best friends before... Chase.

'I, uh... Did you guys... Fall out?'

Robbie growled a little. 'No.'

Jackie sighed and handed the picture to Robbie. 'This was in his room. Tryna figure out why.'

Robbie huffed, staring at it for a while.

'U-hmmmm. They look happy, no?'

'Yeah.' Jackie nodded, wondering where this was going.

'Maybe he envies them. Maybe that's why he tried splitting them up in the first place. Because you egos never gave him the love a family should.'

'Hmm.' Jackie hummed. 'And what about this?' He held up a post- it note with scrawled writing that said; 'Don't kill Boo. -Past Anti.'

Robbie snorted, slowly getting up off the floor. He left Anti Jr and the notebook on the floor, leading Jackie into Anti's room. He looked around, eventually spotting a large black spider nesting on its web in the corner of the bookshelf.

'That's Boo.'