41. Terrified

Anti suddenly lashed out, terrified. He was gonna die. He was really, actually gonna die. Not how he wanted to- but with pain, torture and who knows what. The glitch sparked, the lights getting brighter and brighter as he panicked.

Chase suddenly exited the house, sprinting towards Anti.

'We'll get you out, I swear!' He yelled over the officers pushing Anti into a car.

He pushed an officer out of the way, reaching a closed fist out to Anti, who looked up confusedly.

Chase's teal eyes shimmered sadly, but he grabbed Anti's hand and opened it, shoving something into it before getting pushed away by another officer.

Anti watched sadly as Chase was grabbed by multiple police and led back to the house. He put up a good fight, though, even though he knew it wasn't worth it.

And the van started moving.

Anti lifted his enclosed fist, chains shackled to his wrist. He slowly opened it, smiling at the small spider that lay there.

Chase really was more thoughtful than the glitch had imagined. At least he had some company in jail- or whatever this was.

'Hello, buddy.'

The spider crawled up his arm and into his hair, not as social as usual.

Maybe he sensed Anti's pure fear.

Maybe he didn't.

Anti looked around; there was no one in the back with him. He reached into his jeans for his blade.

He'd end himself before he even got near that place. He raised his shackled wrist, breathing deeply and laying the metal on his skin, the cold sensation making him shiver.

There was really no choice.

He had to do this.

He pressed the sharp edge to his skin, not cutting into it, but thinking. He jumped with a demonic screech as the van door slammed open. Abe entered, cold eyes surveying Anti. They eventually fell on the blade, and he went over to Anti, taking it from him.

The glitch didn't even put up a fight; It was hopeless.

'You'd be surprised by how many murderers have tried suecide before they got there.' Abe hummed, pocketing the blade and turning back to Anti with stone cold eyes.

'Don't kill if you can't face the consequences.'

Anti stayed silent.

He wouldn't show fear to the enemy; his demon instincts were kicking in.

Abe checked the chains tying Anti. Once satisfied, he exited the van and Anti heard the engine start.

Boo checked on him every so often, crawling down to his cheek and patting it gently.

He might only be a spider, but even he knows feelings. Shame that the same couldn't be said for every cold- hearted uncompassionate human on this planet.

But what could he do but wait.

Anti kept himself busy by wondering how bad it would be; and the truth was, Death Row was a terrible place; He'd seen stuff about it on the news, about how they made men confess love to each other and hug to humiliate them, how they tortured them slowly until they went insane.

It's a bad, bad world.