24. The roof

'Um, Sean?' Henrik poked his head in at the door of Sean's room. The lime- haired man spun round on his chair to look at the doctor, taking his headset off at the same time.

'Yeah? What's up?'

'Zhe Ipliers just called. Zhey said zhat zhe glitch turned up at zheir house and izh 'freaking zhe fook out', according to Bingiplier.'

'Knew he'd turn up somehow.' Sean shrugged, pulling a hoodie on and approaching the door. 'Just never guessed he'd show up at Raspy Hill, not gonna lie. The Iplier Manor is ages away... Reckon he teleported?'

'Vhell apparently he is in a bad way, so vhe guess he either izh tired from zhe long journey, or zhe glitch teleported, but it vos so far to teleport anyway and vould have sucked his powers like zhis.' Here Henrik clicked his fingers.

***

'Don't! No!' Anti sobbed, clawing desperately at Yancy, who tried to calm him down. Until the Jims remembered something and finally spoke up.

'The Jims think it would be a good idea to mention Chase and Robbie, Antisepticeye's best friends!'

Dark nodded appreciatively.

'Hey Anti, you're gonna see Robbie and Chase!' Dark kneeled down to the demon who was curled in a ball against the sofa. The emerald- haired man screeched suddenly, startling all the Ipliers in the room.

'NOT CHASE! NO!' He slammed his hands over his ears, gritting his teeth while tears ran down his face.

'I don't care if you curl up and die.'

Stupid Chase. Drowning in his own depression. Should've just ended himself when Anti tried to make him. He was what made the other demons hate Anti. The unsuccessful torment. He never killed anyone in his life. Anti was pathetic. A joke.

At least, that's what all the other demons thought.

Except Adison.

He remembered it all, that fateful day. He stood on the roof, ready to fly and let this world pass by him. The feel of the wind ruffling his hair, the soft calls of the birds. He wasn't sad... No. He was bored. Of the same days passing one by one. Getting bullied, watching demons attack others. The death rate rising, his mental health falling. It was... Overwhelming before, but now he felt nothing.

Nothing.

He had lifted a foot over the edge, tipping his weight to fall, but a pair of arms had caught him before he lunged. Anti had said nothing, watching the younger demon tilt his head at a loss for what to say. The blue- eyed boy seemed to understand, seeing as Anti had never had to explain why. They had just shared the experience. Sure, Adison was a bit shook and watched Anti closer than before, but it was noticed that their friendship grew stronger and they were always there for each other.

Until...

'Anti? Anti!' A voice erupted into Anti's reverie.

'WHAT?!' He yelled back, sending sparks off of him, but still weak.

'Are ju okay?' Henrik asked, surveying the glitch.

The demon looked down at his arms and the blood covering them. 'Yeah, just peachy.'

'I meant mentally, ju idiot.' The good doctor rolled his eyes.

'Of course I am.' Anti scoffed, struggling to stand up to get away from the doctor.

Then, in a whirl of white and blue and red, something leapt at Anti.