8. Blank

Anti sat on his bed, looking down at his hands, mind blank. He did this a lot. Just sat in blank periods of time, empty. Suddenly there was a knock on his door.

'Buddy? You there?' It wasn't difficult to recognize the voice that had been bugging him all week since he had made the agreement. He climbed over his bed and dropped onto the other side, laying on the floor next to his bedside cabinet, hidden behind the bed so that Chase couldn't bug him.

'Knocking.' Chase knocked three times. 'Coming in.' Anti watched from the space under the bed as the door creaked open. 'Uh... Hello?' Chase didn't seem to want to come further in. 'Uh, if you're doing some weird glitch stuff and you can hear me, dinner's ready, I was gonna come down with you if you want.'

'Okay.' Anti got up from the floor and flopped over onto the green bed covers. Chase blurted out a laugh. 'Were you hiding under the bed?!' He chuckled, covering his mouth as Anti scowled a little, flushed.

'No, I was hiding beside it, for your information.' He huffed, heading for the door, but Chase rolled his eyes and dragged Anti back over to sit on the bed.

'Arm check.' He chirped. Anti sighed, reluctantly rolling up his sleeves to reveal multiple cuts on his forearm. Chase went over to the demon's bookshelf, and Anti let his eyes follow the man.

It's been a week and Chase hasn't given up on him yet.

To be completely and frankly honest, Anti loved him for that. The fact that this guy got him up in the morning with a cheerful but sleepy face, how he let Anti sit next to him at mealtimes when the other egos glared and made remarks, the fact that he tried to include him... It made him feel... Happy.

'Okay! Arm out!' Chase ordered, getting a Band- Aid and some antiseptic disinfectant out. Yeah, don't even attempt the antiseptic joke. Chase did it every day.

'Haha, fookin'- I still can't get over the fact that it's called antiseptic-' He was shut up by Anti's hand over his mouth.

'Shut the fook up.' The demon groaned, letting Chase giggle and wrap the Band- Aid round his forearm after having swabbed it with the stinging liquid that, without fail, always made Anti hiss.

'So.' Chase rummaged through Anti's cupboard before throwing him a dark gray hoodie. 'We... are gonna go eat.'

'Nooooooooo.' Anti whined, flopping back onto his bed, glitching a tad. 'Jackie's gonna start some shit, I know it.'

'You and me both.' Chase snorted, sitting beside Anti on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.Anti followed his gaze.

'My ceiling- fook, it's so plain and boring.' Anti huffed as he pulled Chase back to lay sideways on the bed next to him. Chase grinned thoughtfully as they both stared upwards.

'You any good at art?'

'I guess I'm okay.' Anti hummed. 'Why?'

'We could paint your ceiling! Liven it up a bit!' Chase gasped, his eyes practically sparkling.

'Huh.' Anti stared back up at it. Blank. Like how he used to feel. Maybe... Maybe filling up all the blank things in his life could... Help him to feel less blank?