53. Sugar Peas

The trio had been escorted home by an apologetic Abe and officers. Dark kept teasing them about 'being a real couple now', and that was only proved when Anti growled and snuggled up to Chase in the cold of the van.

'So.' Dark smiled at the two, 'The Ipliers and Septics are all congregated at yours. I say... We play a little trick.' He smirked. Chase knew exactly where this was going. Anti looked at them, confused.

***

The Septics and Ipliers all ran to the door, hope in their eyes and hearts.

'Ya see glitchy boi?!' Will yelled.

The only figures that could be seen were the silhouettes of Dark and Chase.

'They didn't win.' Robbie whispered to Anti Jr. 'He's never coming back.'

The doorbell rang. Illinois went to get it. Dark and Chase entered the house, thanking the officers as they left. Their faces were grim. Illinois felt bad, and engulfed the two in hugs.

'Don't you worry, sugar peas, we'll just find another way to get Anti-boy outta jail, huh? Yancy?'

The jailbird grinned from the other side of the room. 'You know it.'

Dark sighed and went to the kitchen, the others following. Chase opened the tap, gulping down water non-stop.

'Uh, is he trying to drown himself?' Bing asked hesitantly.

'Why would he do that?' Someone asked. No one noticed who it was until Marvin turned around with an unholy screech, leaping at the demon in a hug. Then the other egos finally clocked, all of them running to hug the glitch.

'How'd ya do it, ya big doofuses?!' Yan yelled, hugging Dark and Chase before collapsing onto the couch in giggles. 'Oh wow, I cannot believe this.'

Eventually all the egos calmed down marginally, the fifty million of them settling down in the sitting room to hear the story.

***

'AND GUESS WHAT?!' Dark yelled, standing up suddenly at the end. Chase leapt up, knowing what was coming and trying to stop him;

'ANTI AND CHASE ARE A COUPLE NOW!'

Everyone screamed, Wilford firing his gun in celebration.