Chapter : 19

Chapter 19

jake on the side, you'll see why at the end ;) 

SKYLAR

‘ I’m not telling you because I don’t WANT to. Is that so hard to comprehend ? ‘ I snapped at Conner. I got up and walked away, I was getting mad and we all know what happens to me when I’m really mad. And knowing Jake can’t really stop me anymore makes me scared. I was walking around the block when I got a text.

-          From Gabe to Skylar

Hey girl, I set up a fight for you tonight, easy one, against Boyce, a newbie.

-          From Sky to Gabe

Ok !! I’ll be there.

FINALLY. It’s been at least two weeks since my last fight or race …. I really need some real action. Just training is getting boring. Since Jake doesn’t really train with me anymore… I have no idea why. Since my fight against Riley he just stopped. He doesn’t really talk to me as much and doesn’t train with me anymore. And I really don’t know why. I kind of miss him. It’s like we’re growing apart …

‘ What’s up ? ‘ Someone asked from behind me. I turned around and saw a totally unfamiliar guy.

‘Euhm, do I know you? ‘ I asked pretty bold.

‘ Not yet I guess, you’re Skylar right ? ‘ Most people would find it creepy if some random guy comes up to them, knowing their name. But I’m not scared. He probably knows me because I’m a good fighter.

‘ Yeah I am , who are you ? ‘ I asked him, still wanting to know what his damn name is.

‘ you’ll see.’ And with that he walked away. I didn’t bother wanting to know more. It’s probably one of Riley’s new toys. He looks skinny and not very muscled, I can take that.

‘ Hey Sky !! there are you. I’ve been looking all over for you. ‘ I saw Conner running to me. He’s the last person I want to talk to about anything. He needs to get his nose out of my business. I don’t want to tell him my secrets. And definitely not the ones that even the gang don’t know.

‘I’ve been here the whole time.’ I said pretty cold to him. He may not have known it was a touchy subject but still. He could have picked up my obvious signs !!

‘ Look Sky, I’m sorry I pushed you to tell me about your family, I won’t do it again. ‘ We walked to a little bench and sat on it.

‘ Why didn’t you just stop ? it was obvious I didn’t want to talk about it. ‘ He looked really guilty, it was hard not to hug him right now. He really looked like he was about to cry.

‘ I just want to figure you out. I have so many questions about you yet the more time I spent with you, the more mysteries I find. I want to know you and I thought a simple question about your family wouldn’t be so bad but apparently you don’t want anyone to know you. why ? ‘  He really is persistent.

‘ look, it’s not that I don’t trust you or something like that. Really, don’t be offended. Not even the gang knows about my family. No one knows. And I’d like to keep it that way. ‘ I said trying to keep him from asking more and more.

‘ But why, don’t you want someone to talk to ? ‘ He looked so full of hope. Hope that I would tell him. But I’ll have to let him down.. I may like him a little bit, but that doesn’t give him the permission to know everything about me.

‘ That’s not relevant. The more people that really know you, the more that can hurt you. So I’d rather choose not to get hurt. ‘ I explained.

‘ But is that really worth having almost no friends ? ‘ He asked.

‘ Yes, yes it is. I can’t afford to lose anyone else. ‘ I already lost him….

‘Who-‘ I cut him off.

‘Stop it Conner, I don’t want to talk about it, and if you have any respect for me, you’ll just drop it. ‘ I was close to having one of my attacks. I can’t have one now, I’m in the middle of the street.

I walked back to the garage leaving Conner standing on his own.

‘ Where’s Conner ?’ Asked Ryan when I came back into the garage. I didn’t answer. I just went to the gym and started practicing my uppercut.

After about 20 minutes of intense training I felt someone’s presence in the room. I looked around and saw Jake standing against the wall.

‘ You’re getting even better. ‘ He said dryly. I mean why is he even talking to me ? I thought he didn’t really want anything to do with me anymore. Since he hasn’t spoken to me since the accident.

‘ Thanks I guess.’ I said without looking at him. I continued with some sit-ups and muscle training.

‘ So what’s up between you and Conner ? ‘ Where does that even come from ?

‘ Why’d you want to know ? it’s not like you’re talking to me. ‘ I said.

‘ Sorry but I’ve had some … stuff on my mind… ‘ Because that makes everything right.

‘ What stuff ? ‘ I asked

‘ I can’t tell you, but you didn’t answer my question. ‘ Like I will ….

 ‘ You don’t answer mine either. So better luck next time I guess. ‘ I walked into the bathroom to end my training and frustration  with a nice hot shower ….

JAKE POV

What’s up with her ? I’ve been talking to her right ..? I mean is it that obvious that I’ve been avoiding her ?  I really need to fix this !!

But I need to know what’s going on with her and Conner. I need to stop anything that’s growing there… I mean come on. I am the only one she should like. I’ve always been there for her.

There’s only one way I can fix all this and that’s telling her the truth…

But …

How can I tell her…. I love her …. ?

 © axellesmet 2014

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by axellesmet. It's illegal to steal and/or copy.

AN 

OMG HOW FAST DID I UPLOAD THIS ??????, LIKE A WEEK OR SOMETHING !!!!! PLEASE BE PROUD OF ME, I WORKED REALLY HARD ON THIS 

the next chapter will tz-ake a little longer because i have exams coming up