Chapter 32

Chapter 32

CONNOR POV

' Connor is that you?'

Thank god she's here. I really wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't .. They could've killed her, or tortured her. For all I know she could've been raped! And I still don't exactly know what happened but hearing her voice still so strong gives me a good feeling. A kind of rush went through me giving more power to push against the door.

It didn't budge...

' Wait here Sky, I'm getting you some help!' I shouted, praying that she could hear me as good as I heard her. I need to get her out of there as soon as possible. I ran away from the thick devil like door. Once I was back in the main room where most of the fight was going on, I was trying to look for keys. I searched all the obvious places, and the kitchen. But nothing.

I really needed them because I had a feeling that door wouldn't open without a key. Okay Connor, if you were a key, where would you hide to stay safe? My inner self tried to help me. That doesn't happen very often ..

Idea !

Of course, that I didn't think of that sooner !! He would let Jake hold on to it, to let him think he has power, and to let him think he has a say in anything that happens here. And as good and as bad as I know Jake. He must be keeping the key close to him. He was the person who brought her here... he wouldn't give up the only power he has here.

As I looked for Jake I could, beside all my anger for him, only feel pity. There he lay, unconscious, neglected and not cared for. Fact is, no one will after they find out he was the one who betrayed his own gang. But still, he doesn't deserve a completely miserable life.

Never mind, I can't believe he calls himself a gang member. I would be ashamed of myself, and if he wasn't beaten like that, he would be too. What a joke.

I looked through his wallet, his pockets, even his jacket but no key. I was close to giving up when I saw something shiny around his neck. Bingo bitch.

I pulled the stupid necklace from around his neck and ran with it back to the creepy door. I tried not to fumble with it too much. ' God damn Connor stop shaking ! ' I shouted to no one in particular.

I need to see her, I know it's only been like three days but just the thought of her being taken makes shivers run up my back, haunting me everywhere I go. It drives me absolutely crazy.

' Connor we really need to get to a hospital. ' I heard her shout to me. I burst through the door, even more anxious now that she mentioned a hospital. What could these bastards have done to her in only 3 days... Sick f*cks.

' Skylar ! ' I shouted, thinking that the room she would be in a large room. Quite the contrary actually, because before my eyes could even adjust to the darkness, two frail arms flew around me. Of course I didn't hesitate for put my arms around her tiny little waist. I felt her sigh and I could only hope it was from relief, because I certainly was. But before I could catch my breath, fear already came over me again...

' What did you mean by the hospital? ' I panicked.

' Oh Connor I'm so glad you're here.' He breathed against my neck while her arms tightened around me.

'Are you hurt?' I pulled her back so I could look her straight in the eyes. She didn't look hurt. Just exhausted.

' No not me, but my brother is..' She said but before I could even open my mouth to ask for an explanation she already cut me off. ' I'll explain later, we just need to get out of here. ' She rushed ' Are the guys here too?'