Chapter 36

Chapter 36

SKYLAR'S POV

' Connor, it's your turn to get the popcorn now. ' I shouted while he was going into the kitchen to get us some extra drinks.

'Get your own, lazy-ass.' He shouted back. Stupid guy. I got up to make my own and some for Derek too. Since he's been back his appetite has been growing and growing, which may be normal for someone who has been through such a trauma. But he's taking everything surprisingly well. He doesn't want to get revenge on Riley or his brother, he's not depressed, it's like he was never away. He's still his cheeky self.

Sometimes he talks to me about what happened but afterwards he always tells me not to worry because it's all in the past. And I do believe him.

'Hey, I've been wanting to ask you something.' Connor said while i was putting the bags in the microwave. And before I even knew it, I was trapped between him and the counter. He turned me around and put both hands beside me, trapping me effectively. I already felt my cheeks heat up because of the close proximity. My mind immediately rushed back to a week ago, in the hospital.

' You'll have to go to school tomorrow... ' he whispered in my ear, his hot breath fanned my ear and it was as if mine was swept away from me. There was this unspoken but definitely prominent need between us ever since last week. He's not my boyfriend, we're not dating and he hasn't done anything about our situation yet. It's even making me insecure... And I haven't been insecure in a long time. I don't even know if I want him to ask me out, I just know he didn't. I'm new with these kind of feelings, I don't even know what exactly I'm feeling. But I do know that I don't want him to leave it like this. It makes me wonder what exactly he's feeling towards me and I want clarity. I didn't wan tot kiss to be a one time thing ...

Could I be falling for him ?

' I know...' I said to him. What else was there to say? I can't regain what I've lost. I screwed everything up and my situation at school will never be the same. I was angry and blew my whole secret up instead of trying to find a good excuse.

But the reason ...

The reason I was so mad ..

Tiffany.

Connor was kissing Tiffany and that's why i left school early.

'What are you going to do? ' He asked while placing his hands on my hips. How can he be so tranquil? How can he even touch me like that and how could he kiss me a week ago? He has a damn girlfriend! How could have not remembered that !! He's supposed to be with her right now instead of helping me take care of my brother. She should be all over him like she always does.

'I'll try to go back to the way it was before..' I gritted my teeth not to let the venom seep through. my blood was boiling and I felt my anger problem build up. He didn't even mention her in a whole week, he didn't leave without me, he didn't even make a phone call. I pushed his arms off me and walked back into the TV room where Derek was carelessly watching TV.

' Sky, what's wrong..' He ran after me. I won't just let him off the hook. I definitely need an explanation because I'm lost.

' Tell me Connor,, why are you still here? Shouldn't you be at home or with your girlfriend?' This time Derek looked our direction as well as Connor. All eyes were fixed on me and it was not something I particularly liked. Connor just looked dumbfounded. Not interested, just confused. As if he didn't speak English.

'What are you talking about Skylar?' He sat down beside me on the couch and took my hands in his. It's actions like these that anger me, he has a girlfriend yet he's touching me like I'm his. But not only angry, more confused than anything else. I felt like he was toying with me because I just remembered this and than you also have Monday ....