Jakob Toretto x Reader Part 3

Dedicated to vanillabqrnes

Up next: Dominic Toretto x Requested Reader

Later: Johnny Tran x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Jakob said that we would be safe here, but I still wasn't convinced that someone wouldn't try to break into our new home and take his life. After what Jakob did, I knew that he was a target. I knew that there was only so much that he could do to keep from attracting too much attention.
  To keep myself from worrying to death about Jakob, I picked up our baby girl, Celine, and walked around the room with her in my arms. I was surprised that she wasn't asleep right now, given she normally slept at this time. Though, I was glad that she was up to keep me from feeling like I was in this big house by myself.

  I said to Celine,"I need you to stay awake. I know mommy looks crazy right now, but she needs you to keep her company."

  Celine just stared at me, but I stopped walking around the room and sat down with her. I turned on the t.v. and put on a cartoon for Celine and I to watch together, even though, Celine was more interested in playing with my sleeves.
  I laughed at Celine and fixed her socks. As I fixed Celine's socks, Celine kept trying to push my hands away, yet I became distracted when seeing what looked like the headlights of a car approaching the house. It was too dark for me to tell whether it was Jakob's car or not, so I picked up Celine.

  I quickly turned the t.v. off and ran Celine and I to the safest place in the house. Celine kept making noises, so I put her pacifier in her mouth in hopes that she'd be quiet.
  Unfortunately, Celine knocked her pacifier out of her mouth and began to cry. I let out a sigh and tried to calm her down.

  However, someone opened the front door and I heard,"HONEY, I'M HOME!"

  I smiled and said to Celine,"It's just your father. We're not gonna die today."

  I ran to Jakob. Jakob gave me a kiss and kissed Celine's forehead.

  Jakob rubbed my arm and asked me,"Where did you just come from, Mrs. Toretto?"

  I said,"I couldn't tell if that was your car or not, so Celine and I were just hiding over there."

  Jakob sighed and said,"I'm sorry, Y/N. I should've just called and told you that I was here. I'm sorry."

  I shook my head saying,"It's okay. At least I know that we need better lights outside."

  Jakob looked outside and said,"I'll see what I can find near here. Did Celine stay quiet?"

  Jakob took Celine from me and talked to her.

  I answered Jakob,"No. Let's just hope that if someone does come in here that she'll be quiet."

  Jakob kissed Celine's cheek and said,"Maybe you weren't quiet, Y/N. That's why Celine wasn't quiet."

  I said,"Okay, Jakob."

  Jakob smiled at me and walked over to the couch. Jakob sat down, and I sat down beside him. Jakob ended up holding Celine until Celine fell asleep.

  Jakob turned his head and asked me,"Are you all right, Y/N?"

  I leaned on Jakob's arm and admitted to him,"No. I'm just worried that we're not really safe here. There are a lot of people out there looking for you, Jakob, and someone could easily find out that we live here now. I just don't want to lose you or Celine. You two are literally all that I have."

  Jakob said to me,"You don't need to worry about anything, Y/N. No one will know that we're here. I made sure of that. You won't lose me or Celine. I promise."

  I rested my hand on Jakob's leg and said to him,"I can't make any promises that I won't worry to death about you or go through every possible scenario in my head while worrying about you, but I'll do my best not to expect for something bad to happen all the time."

  Jakob nodded and said,"I'll take that, Mrs. Toretto, but this is the safest place for the three of us to be right now. You'll see."

  I squeezed Jakob's leg and said,"You better be right, Jakob, because I don't have time to attend another funeral this year."

  Jakob said,"Y/N..."

  I said,"Jakob..."