Tej x Reader

Dedicated to lovetococacola

Up next: Jesse x Reader

Later: Dominic Toretto x Requested Reader.

   Y/N'S POV

  At 2 o'clock in the morning, I received a call from my good friend and ex-boyfriend, Luke Hobbs.

  I said,"What, Hobbs? It's two o'clock in the morning. I could have still been asleep right now."

  Luke chuckled, but he said,"Woman, this isn't about your laziness. This is about Tej. I'm about to head home, but I wanted to let you know that he's been here all day. He hasn't said much either."

  I looked over at Tej's side of the bed as I said to Luke,"I'm not lazy, Luke. Always so judgemental, but thanks for letting me know about Tej. I'll be there in a few minutes."

  Luke said,"You are lazy, Y/N, but you're welcome. See you in a few minutes."

  I hung up, before I just threw on some shoes and a jacket. I grabbed my car keys and rushed to where my husband was.
  Once I got out of the car, I walked inside the building and spotted Luke. I immediately thanked him for staying with Tej, before Luke left.

  I looked over and saw Tej with his eyes closed.

  I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

  I closed my eyes as I said to him,"Tej, what do you need?"

  I opened my eyes, and he ran his thumb over my knuckles saying,"You didn't have to come here, baby."

  I moved in front of him and wrapped my arms around his neck as I said,"Yes, I did have to come here, Tej. You shouldn't be alone, and I know how you get when you think too much. You're the smartest person I know, Tej, and you deserve everything that's been given to you. You deserve me."

  I kissed his forehead, and Tej had tears in his eyes. He just looked down, before I hugged him. He hugged me back, and I talked to him for quite some time. When I had nothing else to say, I just continued to hug him. Tej let his tears fall, and I hugged him even tighter than before.
  Tej always told me that my hugs helped him through his worst days, but I wasn't so sure that that was the case this time. This kind of thing happened often, because we all had moments where we suddenly let our insecurities upset us, but this time felt different.

  Tej pulled away from the hug and held out his hand saying,"It's getting late. We should go home."

  I just intertwined my fingers with his, before I got inside my car and Tej got inside his. I followed Tej closely the whole ride home.

  ........

  As Tej held me, I turned around and rested my hand on his face.

  I said,"Tej, look at me. I love you, and I will always love you. I want you to forget about what my ex, not Luke, said to you a couple of days ago. He was wrong about you, and you have to know that. You should know that. Tej, you've risked your life so many times for those you care about and you've always had my attention. You're sweet, funny, smart, and dependable. Tej, you're my man, and you always will be. You deserve to be able to have the best, and I will do my best to continue to give that to you. I made you a promise, Tej, and I have kept it so far. Trust me to continue to keep it. Okay?"

  Tej nodded and pulled me closer to him, before he rested his forehead against my own.

  He said,"I love you, too, Y/N. I trust you."

  I smiled and kissed his nose several times saying,"Good. So, do you need to talk about anything else?"

  Tej hesitated, yet he admitted to me,"I've been thinking about moving."

  I nodded and asked him,"Moving to where?"

  Tej rubbed my back saying,"Anywhere, just some place much bigger than this."

  I thought about it for a few minutes, not that I have not thought about moving before this conversation.

  I finally said to Tej,"I am getting tired of being so close to Roman. Are you sure that we can-"

  Tej cut me off with a short kiss and said,"Trust me, Y/N."

  "I've always trusted you, Tej. Always. All right, let's look into finding another place to stay, but we have to do more research first. I want to make sure that we'll be okay wherever we go."

  Tej gave me another kiss, before he talked to me about everything else that had been on his mind recently. As Tej talked to me, I listened and he also listened to me when it came time for me to talk. That was what I appreciated about Tej. No matter how he was feeling, he still listened. Not everyone was good at listening.