Tej x Reader

Up next: Dominic Toretto x Reader

Later: Owen Shaw x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  What guy dumped a girl on her birthday? I don't understand how someone could even do that, but that happened to me today.
  I pulled over to the side of the road and broke down. I knew Mom would've been upset with me for crying over a man like this, but it was the timing that made me so upset.

  I tried talking myself out of crying, yet it didn't work. I put my head on the wheel and watched my tears fall against the steering wheel.
  A familiar blue and white vehicle pulled up behind me. Brian O'Conner knocked on my window and I sniffed, letting it down.

  He said,"Hey, I thought I recognized your car. What's wrong, baby?"

  I handed Brian my phone and he read my messages between my now ex-boyfriend and I. Brian handed me back my phone and just looked at me.

  I said,"I'll be okay, Brian. Maybe not today, but maybe by this weekend. You can go."

  I put my head back on the wheel and Brian ran his fingers through my hair. It comforted me a little, but not as much as I thought it would.

  Then, Brian said,"Follow behind me."

  I knew Brian wasn't going to let me go, so I just rolled my window back up. Brian walked back to his car and drove off. I followed him and he led me to where Tej normally was.
I got out of the car and Brian led me to Tej.

  Brian said,"Tej, I've got to get to Mia. Take care of my sister."

  I wasn't really Brian's sister, but he saw me as his sister.

  Tej nodded and I kissed Brian's cheek in thank you. He kissed my cheek back before he left.

  I turned to Tej and he asked me,"Are you hungry?"

  I nodded and Tej used my car to drive us to lunch. Once we made it inside and we were led to our table, Tej held out a chair for me and I sat down in it saying "thank you."

  Tej asked me,"What happened?"

  I said,"I got dumped on my birthday. I didn't expect it either, because it felt like we were perfect really. I guess he just got bored with me."

  Tej chuckled and I asked him,"Why are you laughing?"

  Tej said,"How could a guy not want to be around you? You're great with fixing cars and you are one of the best racers around."

  I smiled at Tej and replied,"Thanks, Tej. How have you been?"

  Tej smiled back at me saying,"I've been good. I've been good. There's a race tomorrow. Would you want to come with me? Maybe we could hang out?"

  "I would love to come, but is this my late birthday present?"

  Tej shook his head and put a small box in front of me. I opened it and smiled at the gift inside. It was the bracelet I had been trying to get for a long time now. I didn't even know that Tej noticed that, but this gift..it meant so much to me.

  I got up and Tej thought he had offended me. I immediately walked over to his side of the table and hugged him.

  I said,"Thank you. Thank you."