Brian O'Conner x Requested Reader

Dedicated to alm000143

Up next: Johnny Tran x Reader

Later: Dominic Toretto x Requested Reader

   MAKAYLA'S POV

  As Brian helped me push my car towards my driveway, his phone lit up. I was able to see that Mia Toretto was calling him.
  Once Brian and I were able to get my car completely into my driveway, I took his phone out of his back pocket and handed it to him.

  He kissed my cheek and said,"It's Mia."

  I nodded saying,"Go, Brian. It could be important."

  Brian walked inside my house, and I looked over at my car. For all this money I had paid for this expensive car, it didn't even last a year. Not only did it not last a year, but it chose today of all days to break down.
  It was the first day of the new year, and this was not how I wanted to start this year off. Worrying about my car and how I was going to get to work every single day, well except for Sundays.

  When Brian didn't return after 30 minutes of me stressing myself out, I walked into my house and looked for Brian. It didn't take long for me to find Brian, because he was in the living room crying.
  Brian and I had only been together for a couple of days, so this was officially the first time I had seen him cry. Did I know what to do? No, but I at least thought it was a good idea to ask him if he needed me.

  I walked over to Brian and rested my hand on his shoulder asking him,"Brian, do you need me for anything?"

  Brian nodded, and I sat down beside him.

  I asked him,"Brian, what is it? What's going on?"

  Brian took my hand and sniffed saying,"Mia's pregnant."

  I squeezed Brian's hand saying,"Brian, that's great! Why are you crying over that?"

  Brian looked me in the eyes saying,"Makayla, I'm the father."

  I nodded saying,"I figured, but why are you upset?"

  Brian let his tears fall as he said to me,"Mia... Mia doesn't want me to be a part of my son's life."

  I now understood why Brian was so upset about this, but I knew there had to be more than what Mia told him. There had to be more. I wasn't mad about this. I wasn't. Brian and I had only been together for a couple of days, and I didn't want Brian to miss out on his son's life.
  I got an idea, yet I didn't want to leave Brian alone. I wanted him to be surrounded by people that would look out for him. So, I told Brian I needed to make a phone call. I called my two brothers, whom Brian knew very well.

  When I walked back into the living room, Brian asked me,"Baby, who was that?"

  I said,"My mom. She was just calling to check on me."

  Brian nodded and asked me,"Are you angry?"

  I shook my head saying,"No, Brian, I'm not angry. If you're the father, you're the father. I'm not trying to be the reason you don't get to see your son. I don't know why Mia won't let you be a part of your son's life, but I'm going to talk to her. See if I can work things out."

  Brian stood to his feet and walked over to me.

  I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he looked down at me saying,"Makayla..."

  I gave him a reassuring kiss and smile, before my two brothers arrived. Brian was surprised, yet he just quickly fell into conversation with them. I let my brothers know that I was leaving, before they distracted Brian.
  I got into my car and drove to Mia's new place. When I stepped out of the car, it appeared that everyone was here besides from Brian. Do I think that this was planned? Yes, yes I do. I coughed to get everyone's attention.

  Dom walked up to me and kissed my cheek saying,"Makayla, come on in."

  I followed Dom inside, and Roman said,"Makayla!!"

  I said,"Please no autographs."

  Roman chuckled, before he hugged me. I looked at Mia, and she motioned to the kitchen.

  I followed behind her and asked her,"Do you not want Brian to be a part of his son's life because of me?"

  Mia took my hands and said,"No, Makayla. No. Yes. Brian's really happy with you, and I don't want to-"

  I cut her off by saying,"Break us apart. Mia, you're pregnant with Brian's child. That's a big deal. I may be new to being a part of this group, but Brian and I go way back. I know Brian well enough to know that he wants to be there for you and your child. Yes, one day it's going to hit me that I'm not the one with his child you are, but you're important to him. Let Brian be a part of this."

  Mia looked at me, and I squeezed her hands saying,"Mia, me and you are fine. I promise. Call Brian. Talk to him."

  Mia nodded and hugged me saying,"I love you, Makayla."

  I said,"I love you, too, Mia. Next time, invite me and Brian."

  Mia held up her hands, and she called Brian. I drove back home, and Brian met me at the front door.

  He kept giving me kisses, and I laughed saying,"Okay, O'Conner, okay. You're welcome. My brothers still here?"

  Brian shook his head, and I rested my hands on his chest saying,"You want to make a dramatic appearance at Mia's new place?"

  Brian smiled at me and said,"Let's go, Makayla."

  As Brian and I made our way to his car, he said to me,"Makayla, thank you. This means a lot to me."

  I just sent Brian a smile and said,"You're welcome, Brian. I know this means a lot to you."