2. Apology from Manik

NANDINI'S POV

NANDINI'S POV

*Beeeeep Beeeep*

The ringing of my alarm woke me up, and I realized I needed to pick Rohan up from his tuition.

I snatched up my headscarf and tucked it around my head. Abhimanyu arrived home just as I was about to leave the house to catch the bus.

I thought to myself, "Oh gosh, that's amazing timing."

"Abhi. I'm taking the car to pick up Rohan, alright? " I asked, or should I say, ordered him.

As soon as I took the keys from the table and walked to the front door, I heard Abhi remark that I should drive carefully.

He also warned, "Every scratch you cause, you pay!"

"Sure," I muttered as I went out, "but I enjoy scratching your face."

*30 minutes later*

When Rohan and I arrived at our house, Abhi dashed out to check the car for any scratches. He's so annoying, even though I know he's just teasing me.

I told him, "You won't discover any scratches, but I can't promise you won't find a dead body."

As soon as I stated that, he dashed to the car's boot and quickly opened it. When he couldn't find any dead bodies, he breathed a sigh of relief.

Mom was still not home, so I decided to cook something, and let me tell you, I am a fantastic cook.

Abhi snatched the car keys from me as I told them I was making something.

He stated, "I'm going out with some friends because I don't want to die from your cuisine. Best wishes May Allah grant you the strength to bear her meal, Rohan."I toss a sofa cushion at Rohan as I listen to him chuckle at Abhimanyu's drama.

I defended myself by saying, "Shut up, I cook delicious meals."

After our pillow fight, he left.

"What do you want to eat, little guy?" I inquired, but he was engrossed in his crazy football game.

"I'll simply prepare something simple, maybe pasta," I groaned.

I decided to get Rohan to bed because it was getting late, mom was still not home and Abhi was just hanging out with his friends.

My mother worked at the local hospital as a child specialist, and as a doctor, it was quite difficult for her to babysit us.

I sat and waited for her to return home. Abhi was already home and sleeping because he was tired.

When Mom arrived, She was exhausted, so I told her to rest while I served her food. I received brownie points for that.

After she finished, I asked her to go to bed instead of doing any work.

I cleaned everything and crashed on the bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

My beauty sleep was disrupted by the alarm; I despise this beep-beep sound. I awoke since I didn't want to be late, so I went through my morning routine and ate breakfast with my family.

I got a ride to school from my mom since I'm her best daughter. I was just joking, it was my brownie point for treating her to my pasta.

When we arrived at school, she said, "Have a lovely day," and kissed my forehead.

I got out of the car and went to see Aryamaan and Navya.

Before I even reached my friend, I heard two girls talking more like arguing. I looked toward them and saw one was wearing a scarf like me.

I decided to ignore them until I heard the other girl saying "terrorist to the hijabi". I don't know what got into me and I jumped between them. I know how it felt to be called a terrorist for just the scarf.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? And why are you getting involved in this? " another girl asked to me

"Oh wait, " she replied, lifting her brows," another one wearing that piece of cloth on her head."

"First of all, I don't believe you need to know who I am. Second, what problem do you have if we choose to wear the thing you call a piece of cloth? Do we complain to you about the ugly bag you have? " I screamed across her face.

Not only was she taken aback by my sudden outburst, but everyone else in the place was as well, perhaps even enjoying the scene.

"How dare you, Miss. Big Mout..." She was interrupted by a male voice.

"Mukti! Let's get going! "He stated

A boy came to us, and after a few seconds, I realized it was Manik, and it hit me like a tonne of bricks that I was staring at him. I lowered my gaze quickly.

I didn't see that girl or so-called Manik when I lifted my eyes, but I felt someone rubbing my shoulder. When I turned around, it was Aryamaan and Navya. They asked me what was going on because they were standing at a distance and didn't know what had happened.

The hijabi thanked me and complimented me, saying, "What you did was really brave. Thank you so much. "before leaving.

When Aryamaan and Navya questioned what was wrong, I told them the whole incident, and all I got in return was a compliment for my actions.

We walked into class, took the last seat, and opened our books as they were still discussing the incident, which was the first time we had the entire class together.

The professor came in, and the entire class fell silent because she was so strict, but she taught us very well. She was about to begin when Manik came in, and she scowled at him and said, "Be on time or you will not be allowed to sit in my class." He bowed and sat down in front of me.

He gazed straight into my eyes and recognized me from the earlier event. He took a seat and turned to face me. I, too, was staring at him.

He apologized, saying, "I'm really sorry for my sister's behavior; she didn't mean it." I gave him a puzzled look.

"I'm sorry for that girl's actions in the morning incident. That girl was my sister." He turned away after I nodded.

I didn't expect "THE MANIK" to apologize, and of course, she was his sister "as brother as sister," so I continued on with the lecture.

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...❤