11. Jealous Alya

*After few weeks*

*After few weeks*

MANIK POV

I was standing at the entrance of the college waiting for Alya. She asked me to meet her at college.

"Hey!" I greeted Alya with a hug.

We started walking with entwined hands when she broke the silence.

"So do you have any plans after college?" she asked, kissing me.

"I can't Alya, I have to work on a project with Nandini," I said.

"Nowadays, you spend more time with her than with me, " she said with a pout.

This is like the 100th time she has complained in the past weeks. I don't get why she is jealous of Nandini.

I'm referring to the fact that Nandini and I are friends. She is a nice girl who is quite cute, but I could never imagine myself with her. It's just that I enjoy teasing her and annoying her throughout the day.

"Okay, Baba, once we're done with our project. I'll hang out with you... Now happy? "I stated it with a smile.

She smiled as she nodded 'yes' and walked to her building. Let me tell you that we are both at the same college, but our buildings are different.

When I met Nandini and her friends on my way to class, I greeted each and every one of them. During these weeks, we all became friends in a way.

They explained to me that the opposite sex can't have intensive physical contact with them. They told me many things about their religion. Now I understand the meaning and respect their religion.

"Are you all prepared for the four-day school trip?" Aryamaan asked.

Both Navya and Nandini made a bad face and were about to deny it.

"Come on, yaar! A trip is better than sitting on the chair for the whole day and studying, even if we have to share rooms," I said.

Nandini chuckled and stated, "Me sharing a room with you... in your dreams."

"I know Nandu you want to, but unfortunately girls and boys are getting separate rooms. Don't worry, I'll sneak in if you want, "I teased her.

She said dramatically, showing her finger, "Not again Manik, just shut up."

"All right, are you both done?" Aryamaan said, confused by what we were discussing.

Because of Dad's incident, a large amount of work was left on the project. Nandini gave me some space because I was a little disturbed. As a result, we weren't able to devote much time to the project.

The time was 4 p.m. I was working on the project with Nandini.It was late and I still needed to pack my stuff for tomorrow's trip.

I was lost in my thoughts when Nandini asked, "Manik, how did things end up with your father?"

"When I got home that day, he was already gone, as he had a few years back, " I whispered the last line quietly. 

"How is your mother doing? Did she say anything? " She asked, her gaze falling on mine.

"She's alright," I replied, "I advised her to drop it; if it was serious, he would've waited."

Nandini paused in her work and turned to face me.

"You're so annoying, but if you want to talk about something serious or anything else, you can call me at any moment, "she replied solemnly.

"Aww, so sweet," I said, doing the action of pulling her cheeks in the air.

She hung her bag on her shoulder and murmured, "You will never change."

"Never for you," I murmured as I picked up my bag too.

She put her finger over her lips and murmured, "Now shut up, shhh."

We kept walking to my car. I offered her a ride, which she initially denied, but she agreed after my humble request.

"Who's standing next to your car?" she asked.

I looked in the direction and recognized who it was, but Nandini didn't.

"I guess that is Alya," I said as I continued walking to my car.

"Hey babe," she said, kissing me, and I noticed Nandini was becoming uncomfortable.

NANDINI POV

"Hey, I'm Nandini." I introduced myself politely.

"Yeah, I know, you're the one who's usually around my boyfriend," she said, laughing, but it was clear she wasn't joking.

"Ummm, actually we have a project to do together," I replied.

"I know if that wasn't the case, Manik wouldn't be hanging around with you," she replied, with a fake smile on her face.

"Alya!" he said, interrupting her.

"What? Isn't it the truth, though? "Alya shrugged her shoulders.

Manik was going to speak, but his phone rang, and he immediately went to the other side.

"I hope you're only friends with Manik," she said, "but if you have other intentions, I won't be happy." She kind of threatened me.

Manik returned, and thank goodness I wasn't alone with this idiot dumb... I'm not going to finish it.

"I'll drop Nandini off first, then you," he remarked as he opened the doors for both of us.

"Can we have a good time at my or your place?" She asked, with a smug expression on her face,

"Not today, Alya," he said, "I have to pack my stuff for the trip."

The whole ride home was a nightmare. I just wanted to shoot myself to get away from them. I swear I just wanted to open the car and jump out of it. They were conversing too intimately, and Manik noticed that I was uneasy because he was looking in the rearview mirror, but he enjoyed annoying me.

We arrive at my house. I simply jumped out of the car and dashed inside as quickly as possible.

I sat down in my bed. I really don't want to oversleep for tomorrow's trip. Aryamaan told me earlier in college that Navya would be picked first, followed by me.

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...