8. Uncomfortable Nandini

MANIK POV

MANIK POV

I was woken up by the constant shaking and noticed Mukti seated there.

"Thank God you woke up. I thought you were dead." Mukti said, laughing.

I whined, "Mukti, shut up and let me sleep."

"Are you nuts? Look at the time. You're already late. Get off your lazy ass" She smacked my head and walked out of my room.

I get ready and walk into the dining room, where I see Mukti stuffing her mouth with her food like a pig.

"Did mum leave?" I asked her.

She took a big bite of her sandwich and nodded.

Mukti, Mom, and I were the only ones that lived at home. My dad passed away some years ago in an accident. We didn't even get his body and that was the toughest time we faced.

When we overcame that, then we got the biggest shock of our lives, and that was that I had cancer. Mom begins working.

I finished my breakfast and opened my phone to discover that I had been tagged in images from last night with Alya, some of which were random and one of which showed us kissing. Let me start by saying that I don't recall kissing her; it is the worst thing any girl wants to hear.

I liked them and began driving to college in my car.

NANDINI POV

When I arrived at the college, I noticed Aryamaan approaching me.

"Hey, I've got some bad news for you," he stated as he stood next to me.

"What??" I asked because I was curious.

"Navya is sick today, so she won't be at school," he stated.

"Nooo, I'll get bored," I expressed my unhappiness.

"Why do you? You have your Manik naaa? " He mocked, and I frowned.

I warned him, "You have two minutes to run or I'll kill you."

He immediately dashed to his class as quickly as he could, while I walked to my locker and stuffed several books in there.

"Hey, Nandu, do you mind if we talk?" I heard a voice.

Because of a sudden voice, I looked around, and there was Manik.

"My name is Nandini," I irritatedly said.

"All right, Nandini," he said.

"How did your movie date go?"I asked,

What the hell? I don't know why I'm asking that. He gave me a confused look.

"Well, great pictures," I said, showing him his picture on Instagram.

He smiled and said, "Oh, thank you."

I ignored him and returned my eyes to my locker.

"By the way, Nandini, you don't have to be jealous." I could sense him smirking as he said this.

I sensed him coming close to me. I turned around and saw that I was correct; he was very close. I stepped back and bumped into my locker.

"Are you getting uncomfortable, princess?" He asked, taking another step closer to me and a small smirk on his face.

"First, move back," I told him as I pushed him back.

"And second, I'm not jealous," I added as I walked away from him.

MANIK POV

I enjoyed making her uncomfortable, and I actually intended to speak with her about the past, but when she asked about the movie date, I got distracted.

Then I saw my teacher, who had assigned us a project, and I had a brilliant idea.

I screamed, "Excuse me, mam," and she turned around.

"Yes, Manik," the teacher replied.

"Mam, I tried my hardest to work with Nandini, but she refuses to cooperate," I complained to her as if I was an innocent student.

Mam questioned, "What do you mean?"

"Mam, I'd want to meet with her for the project, but she's too busy. It isn't working. Please speak with her because I am the one who is doing all the work. " I said

"All right, I'll talk to her; she's a good student," she said.

I love to irritate her and believe me when I say I might be killed by her after what I did, but I enjoy pulling these types of stunts.

NANDINI POV

College was coming to an end. I walked over to my locker and threw my books in. Suddenly, one of the boys approached me and informed me that the teacher was calling me. I informed him that I'll go.

I went to the staff room, where I discovered the teacher who had distributed the project was sitting alone.

"Mam, you called me?" I asked as I walked in.

"Yes, I'd like you to help Manik with the assignment. I know you're a good student, so don't expect him to handle everything. I don't want any more complaints. She said, with a disappointed look.

He what? I'm 100% sure he did this. Now I'll not leave him. I looked all over the campus for him, but I couldn't find him. Then I noticed his gang of jerks.

Right now, all I want is Manik, so I decided to ask the jerks about him.

"Umm, have you guys seen Manik?" I asked them.

They only looked at me from head to toe.

They exchanged glances before taking a step towards me. I moved back.

Then one of them, who appeared to be the nicest, responds."Yeah, I think I saw him in....."

"Why are you telling her without questions, right Nandini?" one guy said.

I didn't say anything and kept a safe distance between them and me.

"So why do you want to know where he is," he asked.

"I need to talk to him. Do you know where he is?" I said to him. "Just tell me I don't have time to spend."

"I don't know why you're looking for him," he added, "but I think little Nandini has feelings for Manik." As he said, everyone started laughing.

"Look babe, I don't know where he is but let me tell you he is taken and he wouldn't be interested in terrorists like you," he said

I really felt bad at that time, and tears started forming in my eyes. They just started falling from my eyes.   

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...❤