16. Unknown Feelings

NANDINI POV

NANDINI POV

Finally, it's the weekend.

On this trip, I had a lot of fun and saw a lot, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Manik saw me without a scarf; Alya was jealous of the bond I had with Manik; Manik had a nervous breakdown; and so on.

But there is one thing that has been bothering me up until now, and that is what Navya remarked. To be honest, I had a different feeling about Manik. When people ask if I've ever felt this way, I immediately reject it, but I can't lie to myself.

I shook the thought out of my head and walked downstairs. I overheard my mother conversing with someone. The voice was unfamiliar to me. When I entered the living room, I noticed a woman seated there, politely conversing with Mom.

I didn't recognize her, but I gave her a friendly greeting. Then my mother told me that she had been her best friend since primary school.

"Ohh cutie," the lady exclaimed happily, "you're a lot more beautiful than I remember." She appears to be happier, but why is she happy if she finds me beautiful?

I don't know why she found me beautiful because my pajamas were on and my hair was a big mess.

"Give her some time, and she'll ask for my hand for her son." I laughed at the thought.

I thanked her, excused myself, and went back to work on my assignments.

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

I was exhausted, so I went downstairs to eat some snacks.

When I reached down, I noticed the lady had already left.

Mom paused for a moment before saying, "Soooooo."

"Mom, what happened?" I asked casually.

"My friend asked me if you would be interested in meeting her son," she said.

My mum sat in front of me with a straight face while she finished, and I burst out laughing.

"Are you serious, Mom?" I ask. I was confused when I observed her serious expression.

"I'm serious, Nandu," she added, her face serious.

"I don't think it's a good idea," I responded, chuckling at myself for saying the same thing earlier.

She asked, "Why, do you have someone else?"

As she said, the thing that comes to my mind was Manik's face.

"What?!Of course not! Mom, "I remarked, slightly raising my voice.

"All right, cool down... why don't you give this a try?" She expressed herself.

"You simply talk to each other for a few months and then think about the next step if you like him," she tried to convince me.

"He's good-looking, kind, and a good Muslim," she said