7. Follow request

NANDINI POV

NANDINI POV

I was hell-hungry. I immediately went to the canteen and saw Navya and Aryamaan sitting there. Aryamaan was making fun of me as I was telling them how boring that jerk was. We were talking about random stuff when I received a notification from Instagram. It was a follow-up request from none other than Jerk.

Navya snatches the phone from me as I make an annoyed face at the phone screen.

When Navya saw the request, she stated, "Nandu, he's trying. You should talk to him. "

I said, "I'll see," and took my phone.

We were just discussing when I heard Manik's voice, recognized it, and realized he was talking to some of the school's jerks. He grinned when he saw me, but I ignored him and continued eating.

MANIK POV

I was talking to a friend when I saw someone staring at me. When I lifted my eyes and saw Nandini looking at me, I smiled back, but she ignored it as expected.

I noticed she was staring at her phone, and a grin appeared on my face as I realized she had seen my follow request.

My friend has left the canteen, and I'm sure they're going to smoke. I've never smoked and have tried it, but it's not for me.

Then my self-talking was disturbed by Mukti. I was alone with her, and I know now that my sister would have done a Ph.D. on Nandini as she messed with her.

"Hey! Mukti how was your day? " I initiated the discussion.

"It was very cool. How about yours? " Mukti responded.

"It was also good," I said.

"Ummmm...... Mukti, do you know the girl who was messing with you in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah, after that fucking incident, I asked around and found out she was in your old school with you," she said.

"That wasn't something new to me," I responded absently because it had been mentioned on her Instagram account.

"What?" she inquired.

"Nothing, you keep going," I said.

"Well, you want to know something?" She said, lifting her eyebrow and smirking.

Now I know she is going to tell me something that will get me in big trouble.

I was irritated and said, "Say Mukti."

"That boy in your group used to bully, and you did it as well," she said."I'm so happy that my irritating brother got a project with that tigress." she teased

"Ohh, I see how you know she's a tigress," says the narrator. I taunted her in return.

Mukti made an annoying expression and walked away since she had class.

"Now I know why you hate me so much, princess, and why I'm known as 'jerk,' " I thought to myself.

Then I checked my schedule and realized that now I have the most boring class I've ever had. I wasn't in the mood to talk, so I chose the last seat because I was the only one there, and that was how much I disliked this subject.

NANDINI POV

Finally, the day was coming to an end. I was at home studying. It was almost done. I grabbed my phone and began scrolling through it. I couldn't help but notice Manik's request. I made the decision to accept it. Because his profile was public, I scrolled down until one post caught my attention. It has been a couple of years.

Liked by makeup_alya, 43752 others

_manikmalhotra_ Now I can finally claim that I broke up with my most toxic girlfriend named "Cancer", I'm officially cancer-free.

#cancerfree#fuckyoucancer

"Manik had cancer," I exclaimed loudly, shocked.

"Who had cancer?" As he sat next to me, Abhimanyu asked.

"Umm, no one, I noticed a post of an actor." I lied to him.

"Seriously," he remarked, lightly shaking my head.

It was late, and I was cleaning my room, but the fact that Manik had cancer was still bothering me, so I decided to put it out of my mind.

MANIK POV

I don't know from the time I got to know the whole Nandini scene. I was a little disturbed. I don't feel like talking to anyone. I am still confused about this weird feeling

I was exhausted and about to retire to my bed when I received a text from Alya.

"Where are you, babe? I'm waiting for you; the movie starts in 15 minutes. "

This movie idea had slipped my mind.

I replied, "On my way, sweetie," and began getting dressed.

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...