4. Annoyed Nandu

MANIK POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

MANIK POV

I was completely absorbed in my thoughts when...

"This year, for the project, you must work in pairs," the professor said with a smile.

I don't know what pleasure these teachers get when they assign us assignments.

"Who will be our partner, Mam?" Students questioned.

"The one sitting next to you all is a partner, and those who are sitting on the left side will be the partners with the person behind them," the professor announced, making me frown.

I began to notice that I was seated on the left side, with two people in front of me; it took me a few seconds to realize that I had to work with the hijabi girl.

It's not that I don't want to work, but I have no idea who she is and she probably has no idea who I am.

When I turned around, I saw that she was unhappy with the decision.

"We'll get started as quickly as possible," a Hijabi girl said.

"Wow, that's nerdy," I thought.

"Can I at least know your name, princess?" I asked.

She softly stated, "My name is Nandini, not a princess."

"Okay, my name is Manik. It's a pleasure to meet you. "I reached out to shake her hand, but she completely ignored it.

"I know," she said, her gaze falling on my palm.

Then the bell rang, and she stood up, leaving me with a lot of unanswered questions.

What exactly does she mean when she says, "I know"? Did she already know who I was? Or perhaps she overheard my name? Or maybe we were in the same class? But how come I didn't see her?

Then I discover that everyone has already left, and I'm sitting alone, lost in thought. The most important thing now is that I know her name.

I then went to my locker and noticed Nandini there with two other students who I assumed were her buddies. I approached them a little closer to hear what they were saying, and to my surprise, they were talking about me. I'm not sure what to say.

NANDINI POV

Ya Allah, why me? Why? Why did he take the seat in front of me? Why is it necessary for this teacher to choose the partners only today?

As soon as the bell rang, I saw both Navya and Aryamaan looking at me with pity eyes, and I moved out of the class as quickly as I could.

Navya and Aryamaan rushed up to me.

"Nandu, he seems nice; it's going to be nice," Navya said, trying to soothe me.

"I have that jerk, and you guys are put together," I yelled being annoyed

"'Jerk,' huh? It is not a nice word in my view, "the voice said

It was none other than Manik himself. Did he hear what I said? It makes no difference to me if he heard what he heard.

 Aryamaan and Navya both looked at him as he interrupted our talk and said 'bye' before leaving; I'm not sure why they left me alone with this jerk.

"So, what's the matter with me? Did I do something wrong? " Manik asked curiously.

"Shouldn't you know why? I responded by stuffing my book into my locker.

That jerk didn't give a damn about what he did and simply ignored my statement.

"Is it possible for me to have your phone number so that we can meet for our project? I don't want to put it off any longer." With a grin, he took the phone from his pocket and forwarded it to me.

So that he would leave me alone, I snatched his phone and saved my

When he walked away, my eyes followed him, and I tapped my feet in frustration. I'm not sure why his presence irritates me so much, but I wanted to kill him.

Then I realize I'm running late for my next class, and for the time being, I'm glad I won't be seeing Manik there. I will think about other things later.

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

"I completely forgot how boring this class was," I muttered as I walked out of the room.

"Well, the teacher isn't all bad," Aryamaan said.

"No teacher isn't; we are talking about the subject," Navya replied to him.

Navya had one more class, but Aryamaan and I were free.

"Arya and I are taking a one-hour break right now." I keep making fun of her.

"Yeah, I've still got an hour until lunch break, screw it," she complained.

"However, we are free." I teased her once more, and she made a sad face.

I enjoy teasing her and let me tell you that I am the only one who is allowed to do so.

"Hey princess...I mean Nandini:).Are you also free until lunch break? If you are so we can meet up in the library?"

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...