19. Unexpected!

*1 week later*

*1 week later*

MANIK POV

"Hey, my lovely creatures!" Mom yelled as she walked into the house, waving her purse,

"You seem in a nice mood, right? Have you met the love of your life? "I made a joke about how happy she appeared to be.

"Actually, I just ran into your friend; or perhaps she's the love of your life," she smirked as she walked to the kitchen.

I got up from the couch and walked over to her.

"What do you mean, did you see N-Nan-Nandini?" I asked, a little cautiously.

She turned to face me and burst out laughing.

"Mom, what is so funny!" I said, winning.

"You!" she exclaimed, pointing at me.

"I didn't even say I saw Nandini, and you immediately made the link between her and the 'love of your life'. Son, you got it good, "she laughed while I was blushing.

"Whaatttt no ju-just gues-guessing," I said

It's been a week since Dad passed away, and I haven't spoken with Nandini since "our moment". That's why I was surprised when Mom said that

In the last few days, I've wanted to text her, but I've always changed my mind while drafting the message.

And by the way, I broke up with Alya. I couldn't be with her with the thought of cheating on her. I think I was more into Nandini, but I couldn't share that information with anyone.

My mother joined me on the couch and sat beside me. Mukti went upstairs because she has been depressed since dad died, and we couldn't do anything but be there for her.

"I met her," she exclaimed, looking at me.

"So, what were you two discussing?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the ground and my hand fidgeting.

She shrugged her shoulder and muttered, "Stuff."

She's putting my patience to the test.

"Mom!" I expressed my annoyance

"It's all about you and college," she replied.

"So you liked her, didn't you?" she asked, a grin on her face.

"No, I don't talk to her anyway," I said, but I felt the heat on my cheeks as they were turning red.

"Why don't you talk to her?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Her boyfriend practically threatened me," I replied, avoiding eye contact.

She immediately said, "Manik, I have something to confess."

"What?" I inquired, nervously glancing into her eyes.

For a few moments, there was nothing but silence. I was simply staring at her, waiting for her response.

"Mom!" I called

"OK, okay," she continued, "I heard your conversation with your father and I'm aware of the promise you made."

As I listen to her, my eyes widen.

"Wh-wha-what? How? " I paused for a moment.

"I overheard you talking! Anyway, just don't let anyone stop you from being happy, "she said as she stood up and walked away.

"I like her, too, so you have my blessing," mom said, returning her wink to me.

Great mom likes her...That going to change a lot about the situation though...Note the sarcasm maybe I should text her? No no what was I thinking... Maybe she's with that piece of-

Breathe Inhale-exhale, Manik, inhale-exhale, inhale-exhale, inhale- Do you have any idea what that is? That guy isn't going to stop me from seeing her, as my mother predicted.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began messaging her.

"Hey princess wanna meet up? I actually kinda miss you" I smirked when I typed that with the thought she'd get annoyed by reading it

I was waiting for a reply and after an hour I finally got a reply, but it wasn't the one I was expecting

"I warned you bastard, expect the unexpected. I'll give Nandini a kiss from you"

What does Nandini see in this jerk? My face flushed with rage at the thought of Nandini being with that jerk.

I stood up and attempted to relax. If he thinks I'm afraid of him, he's mistaken. With each passing minute, the thought that he was touching Nandini made me more enraged. I lay in bed thinking about Nandini and fell asleep.

I got up early to go for my daily run, but I still need to improve my fitness if I want to continue playing football.

I dashed through my neighborhood and reached the park. I came to a halt and sat on a bench after an hour since I was out of breath.

That was until I noticed two large men approaching me.

"Are you Manik?" he said, his voice broad and powerful.

One of the biggest blunders I've ever made was nodding yes to his question.

Your thought on Manik's mom?

What do you think why it was nodding yes was a mistake?

I'll try my best to update the next chapter soonest!!

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...